News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

"The Mistress" on show...

Started by Tiger, December 04, 2008, 06:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Hey guys, as a member of the VJMC I have been invited to show "The Mistress" and work the booth at the bike show at the International centre in January 8) 8) 8) Here is part of the email I recently received...

Dear John,
The VJMC has been invited to put on a display again at the Motorcycle Super show held as usual at the Toronto International Centre near the airport. http://www.supershowevents.com/ They'll be using the same format as last year by putting all the vintage and classic bikes together in hall 4A, hopefully we'll get the same space as last year also, not that we have a lot of say in the matter because we get the space for free.

I'd like to invite you to come out and join us, we could still use a few volunteers willing to bring a bike along for display, it doesn't have to be pristine, just tidy and presentable (make sure you give it a wash now while it's still mild!). Displaying a bike gets you a weekend pass to come and go as you please. The show runs from Friday January 2 'til Sunday January 4, 2009. Move in will be a little different to the usual this year because New Years day falls on the Thursday, that means all the bikes and displays must be set up on the Tuesday and Wednesday, then the building is locked to everybody on the Thursday and the show opens at 10 a.m. on the Friday. I'll be doing my setup on the Tuesday and will probably be at the show all three days. Move out is on Sunday after 6 p.m.

If you're interested in showing a bike please drop me a line and if you attend the show be sure to drop by the display and say hello.

...Hope to see some of you OnROV guys there for support 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Coil Coyle

Great news, Tiger!

I hope you don't loose points for "non-original" paint.

;D
Coil

YellowJacket!

Thats great John. You have a beautiful specimen to represent not only the Vision but what is possible with a vintage bike to bring it up to todays standards.

I wish they had something like that down here so I could show off YJ....although my local Yammy dealer waspretty impressed.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

don_vanecek

That would be great Tiger. We need a good looking bike like yours, I put mine in the line up in Arkansas but mines a rider, not much of a looker!

Tiger, have you ever thought about submitting an article to the VJMC magazine about fixing up Vision's??!!  I'll bet they would love to publish a nice article with pictures on the "V".  It's just sort of like doing a term paper or book report, only one that you would enjoy thinking up (I really enjoyed composing my "I rode my Vision to Colorado" article-but it did take many hours). And you would be the EXPERT to write up such an article!!!

Just something for you to think about.

By the way there will be a nice VJMC event/rally/show in Saint Joseph, Missouri this coming summer.

joevacc

Quote from: don_vanecek on December 04, 2008, 10:14:06 AM
Tiger, have you ever thought about submitting an article to the VJMC   -snip-

Here, Here!   I second the notion!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Kenny

Hey Great Tiger,
  I'm on a couple of flights to the sand box near the end of Dec. So I should be attending, could you Twist the Throttle a couple of times so I can find you.
  Many Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

:) Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive comments 8) I've thought about an article in the past to promote our Visions and the ROV...I don't know if I could live up to don vanecek's article, which was superb. I'm so busy at the moment that it is hard to find the time to devote to such a great cause...maybe at the holiday period :-\

I'm really looking forward to the show to promote the Vision...and find some lost ones... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Lead_Deficiency

very nice John!

i can't wait to see it there :D

Night Vision

knowing John, he'll go in with 1... and come out with leads on 3 more!

have a good time and take lots of pics!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Cdnlouie

Great idea!  The old girl deserves to be able to strut her stuff as she looks pretty good for her age (I won't follow that comment up... ::)) Visionmania at VJMC, sounds cool!  8)

Tiger

:) Here is the show info' for those that can make it...

Jan-02 North American International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW - Jan 2-4Location : Toronto Ontario CanadaContact : Hedy Hodgson 905 655-5403 hedy@supershowevents.com,info@supershowevents.comWeb Site : www.supershowevents.comThe North American International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW, will bepresented in Seven Halls of the Toronto International Centre,comprising over 425,000 square feet of motorcycle exhibits. Anunparalleled motorcycle shopping extravaganza offering something forevery interest including sport bikes, cruisers, motocross, off-road,vintage, touring and custom bikes, as well as scooters and ATV's, theSUPERSHOW brings together more than 500 exhibitors, 80 clubs &associations on display, top custom bikes competing for a $50,000jackpot in the Canada Cup Championships, 'A Century of Motorcycles'vintage exhibit, plus the new 2009 motorcycles, riding gear, bikeaccessories, special guests, racers, seminars, contests, fashionshows, live bands and much more. It's "Everything in Motorcycling"!More information at www.supershowevents.com

...I hope to see a few of you guys there... 8)

8) DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA'S  8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

So you are definately going to put 'The Mistress' out for show?  If you are then I am there for sure, most likely on Saturday afternoon.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

wolf

Congrats, Tiger--the Mistress will be the stand out beauty of the show. I'm heading up on the Friday--any other ROVers going to be there on the 2nd?
By the way...NV...I keep SWATTING my screen!...wolf.

Tiger

:) With this snow storm we are having today...on top of the 18" that is already on my yard...I need to get the shovel out to dig out the trailer before the show!!!

I'll be on the stand Friday & Sunday...so, come one come all, to the VJMC area and we can go for a wander around the show hall(s)... 8)

I will most likely be there on the Saturday with Cathy, mainly as a spectator ;)

Looking forward to seeing as many Visionaries as the show can handle ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) I/we wll be in hall 4A...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

xswheels

I'll be there on Friday. I'll look for you at the VJMC booth Tiger.

Tiger

Quote from: xswheels on December 29, 2008, 10:53:51 PM
I'll be there on Friday. I'll look for you at the VJMC booth Tiger.

8) SUPERB...I'll keep an eye out for yer... ;)

vadasz1

Well I'm going to try my best for a Saturday afternoon attendance.  I hope to see you and Kathy there too.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

Well looks like the wife and myself are going to be there tonight.  Anyone going to be there around 5 or 6 PM?

Tiger

:) Cathy and I will be there for around noon on Saturday... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)