News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

"The Mistress" on show...

Started by Tiger, December 04, 2008, 06:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Well I just spent the last 2 hours at the show and there isn't much to see except a bunch of cruisers on display.  I found ou tho that my wife actually likes the Gold Wing trikes the best.  If I remember there was one in a rusty copperish colour that had caught her eye.  Oh well . I just need to increase my salary two fold to be able to justify one of those.

In Hall 4A (where 'The Mistress' would have shone like the Norht Star) there wasn't much either.  Some Vincents were good looking, but there was a wall full of Norton Comandos that were nice ( wifie didn't like them at all).  I especially liked the Norton JPS bike.  That is one cool looking cafe racer my friends.

Clothingwise, I didn't see anything special, except that htere were a lot of knockoff brands being displayed. The customary big chains were there (GP Bikes, Royal Distributing, and our favourite Visionary junk yard - Zdenos) were present.  A fair amount of new helmets were on display and some good leathers and textiles but not much else.  Same bargains as last year tho.

Oh, U forgot to mention that there was a booth full of Ducati's that my wife liked also......man she has some weird tastes in bikes.

Anyways, all I walked out with weas a few catalogues from the big vendors for me and some honey hand lotion for the wife.  This show seemed to me to be smaller than last years show.  So spend your money wisely.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) vadasz1, what yer mean..."Clothingwise, I didn't see anything special", you didn't look hard enough mate!!!
We went to the bike show, yesterday. Cathy managed to buy, (at three different booths), a pair of shoes (all shoes/boots, etc were Harley branded, at London Shoes stand!!), a pair of good quality "name brand" leather bike pants, a pair of denim (Yamaha) biker jeans and a sleeveless black top with skulls embroidered on the back...and ALL for $100.00, give or take a dollar!!! I got a pair of the denim (Yamaha) biker jeans...for $25.00!!!
We met a lot of friends, including Deficiency and Fiddlesticks from our "Team OnROV", wondering around... 8)
On a stand, opposite the VJMC stand was Dennis & Gwen Patrick, up from Windsor...Dennis used to be the Kawasaki, Canadian and world drag bike champion!!! Superb people...and long time friend's 8)

I met up with the Sean Quinn & the VJMC team for the first time. They gave Cathy and I a warm welcome...and a wee bit of sympathy with regards to "The Mistress". We were informed that several people had come to the stand looking for me/"The Mistress" :-[ 8) They had some really nice restored machines on show. I will be there, with "The Mistress", next year...along with anyone else who would care to join up and become a member... ;)

Oh, don't forget folks, there is an April show... :o ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!