News:

Main Menu

YICS vacuum lines

Started by Kevin, June 03, 2004, 09:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I'm going through and replacing vacuum lines, including the YICS and I noticed that the lines going to the YICs each have a metal ball at the end of the line right before the box.  Is this stock or was this perhaps placed there by a former owner?

Kevin

VK

The metal ball is not stock.  Apparently the YICS unit was leaking and the previous owner was attempting to disable the YICS, a not uncommon alternative to repairing the YICS.  (I think most on this forum would agree that a YICS repair is preferred.)  

VK

Kevin

I see.  I already repaired the leaking Yics so I should be good once I replace those lines then.  Thanks for the help.

Kevin

YellowJacket!

Aha!

That explains why stell balls fell out of my hoses when I pulled them off.

So, as I understand, the balls are add ons and not stock.  I tried Lucky's method for checking for leaks.  I have an external leak and am going to repair it.  I guess I can remove the balls...I guess that means my YICS is "fixed"...ouch, couldn't resist that.  :D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Quote from: DaveTN on May 30, 2005, 06:19:26 PMI guess I can remove the balls...I guess that means my YICS is "fixed"...ouch, couldn't resist that.? :D

David

OK, they are probably well cooked by now but I'll bet they are a bit crunchier than Rocky Mountain Oysters!  ;D

The balls wer einserted to block off the YICS when a previous owner had problems with it leaking.  You will notice improved performance when you repair the YICS chamber(s), now that you've "fixed" the lines.  :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.