WOW.........I won again..!

Started by vadasz1, January 08, 2009, 07:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I just got the call from my local classic rock station  Q107, that I had won a pair of tickets to see AC/DC at the Rogers Center here in Toronto tomorrow night. I'm taking my younger brother along for the ear splitting great time I know we will have. I also won the limited edition Angus Young Gibson guitar. This guitar alone is worth over $2600.00.   Whhooooo Hhhoooooooo!

I don't know if I ever won so many things from one place before.  As you all may recall I also won the GearingUp course so I was able to get my M2 motorcycle license.

LONG LIVE ROCK & ROLL ! ! ! ! ! ! !                       LONG LIVE AC/DC ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kwells

dddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn

mofo
have fun
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Walt_M.

AC/DC rocks but you have to start playing lotto!
Whale oil beef hooked!

vadasz1

Well the concert was as fantastic as I thought it would be.  The hole stadium just rocked.

Her is the set list that was played:

Rock n Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To be
Back In Black
Big Jack
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hells Bells
Shoot to thrill
War Machine
Anything Goes
You Shook Me all night long
TNT
Whole lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock

Encore:

Highway To Hell
For Those About To Rock 

You should have seen it when Angus stripped at the end of The Jack, he was actually wearing black boxers with AC/Dc emblazed on the butt side.  Angus sure was fantastic when he did his 15 minute guitar solo just before the encore.

I am glad to have seen them for this was my first ever concert to go to.  And I don't think that we will likely see them tour again in our lifetime.  But the Who and the Rolling Stones proved themselves wrong acouple of times.  So here's hoping that the boys will be back in the near future.   And I would have gladly forked over the $100 for the tickets to see them, but FREE is even better and sweeter.

Oh, and I will post pics of me with the guitar next week when I go and pick it up at the station.

Cheers

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) Superb set list...Some new stuff off of "Black Ice" (which Cathy bought me for Christmas) and a load of their "regular" crowd favorites. The place must have been really rockin' 8) 8) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

Jay

No big balls? I would have thought that to be a must! I love AC/DC, and often listen to the dedicated station on XM radio.
1982 Yamaha Vision - Restore in progress
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 - Salvage Restore
1994 Subaru SVX - Restore in progress
2004 Ford Excursion - Daily driver

joevacc

Sweet Guitar man!  Always wanted a SG 8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Hellgate

Did I read correctly that this was your first show? Great one to start with! Congrats on the guitar, beautiful.
Pete
Past Yamahas: '73 TX500 - '76 RD400E - '82 Vision - '85 RZ350 - '07 FZ6 Current Yamahas: '05 R6 Track Bike - '06 FZ1

Night Vision

Quote from: joevacc on January 15, 2009, 09:39:50 AM
Sweet Guitar man!  Always wanted a SG 8)

I had a black cherry colored SG back in the mid Seventies...... no wha wha bar though

Geez, wonder that would have been worth now :o

they sound real nice when you plug them in, Robert  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano