News:

Main Menu

23F 75 1:40 1st 09

Started by joevacc, January 09, 2009, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevacc

23°F - 75 miles - one hour forty minutes - first 2009 RIDE!  ;D

Had to bring my Guzzi to the dealer up in Albany, NY for a leaky final drive out put seal.  Brought it there December 12th.  Nice day I think... about 37°F.  While waiting for the seal to come in, (4 weeks later) we were hit with 10 inches of snow - then another 6 inches and yet another icy 2 inches (i know that ain't sh❤t for you guys 'n girls up in Canada!) but I'm get'n a little chilly down here myself... ???

So of course they call me to say it's done just as the 2 inches of ice starts to hit.  Well I finally got a ride the hour and a half up to the dealer today and got to ride it home! 8) 8) 8)

It was F❤❤king GREAT!  I wanted in the worst way to just keep driving south past my house until it started to get warmer!  If I just kept it at 75 mph on a super slab for another 4 or 5 hours I could have got to a motel, warm shower and up to a solid 40° F in the morning!  A few hours later - and I would be sweating!  I could ride...

WAKE UP WAKE UP it's just a dream! it's 11° out and by Sunday morning we will have another 8 inches!

It was great at the dealer... The parking lot was a 1 inch thick sheet of very hard rutted ice!  AHGGGG!!  I had to walk the bike the 400 feet to the roadway for fear of a hard drop..  a couple of guys from the shop came out to put a hand on the ass end of the bike and I gladly accepted their help.

P.S.  the vision's rear op seal is 27 years old - has over 40,000 miles on it.. and does not leak...  (Guzzi 1 yr old 8000 miles)
if I was riding the V i surely would have ripped a doughnut and skidded out of the lot flat tracker style!   8) 8)

Anyway, it was just fantastic to ride today and I just can not wait for the next ride of 2009!!!   ;) ;)

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

:) Ah, getting in some riding practice before the OnROV Spring Ride eh!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kenny

Glad you got out for a spin Joe, I had my BMW R1150 Rt for just a couple of services and they replaced the final drive seal, The 84 R100rs which I still have has had the final drive splines replaced at 18,000 kls & it should be done again - 79,000 on it now meanwhile Dorothy's Vision has over 100,000 ks & no final drive seals or spline issues. Th "V" they don't make them like this any more!
                         Cheers Ken S. ;)

2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92