News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Wow, space pictures!

Started by inanecathode, June 16, 2008, 02:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I got this link in an email today and at first passed it off as another silly chain email. In fact, these are some of the best spacewalk pictures i've ever seen!
http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

67GTO

Those pictures are all fakes. They are all done in a studio in Hollywood. It's a government coverup!!!

(right Coil?) :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

inanecathode

Oh thats right, america never went into space.
Thats quite the set they have though, it almost looks real!

IAIN

The second picture down, the land mass underneath is Canterbury, I'm there somewhere. (can you see me )

Iain
NZ

Brian Moffet

The amazing thing (and visually most striking to me) about space shots like these is that space has no atmosphere to distort the images.  So things are so crystal clear that they look fake and CG.

Brian

h2olawyer

I got that set in an email several months ago, so they aren't from the latest mission.  However, they are fantastic photos.  I'm currently using the first one as my computer wallpaper.  Thanks for posting the link!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Quote from: Brian Moffet on June 16, 2008, 01:16:02 PM
The amazing thing (and visually most striking to me) about space shots like these is that space has no atmosphere to distort the images.  So things are so crystal clear that they look fake and CG.

Brian

Yeah i noticed that, how positively clear they are.
What also strikes me is how serene it looks, yet how inhospitable it actually is.

joevacc

Boy do I love that sort of thing!

I am glad that I incorporate some of the same techniques that the astronauts use when I ride my bike!
For instance, notice the cheat sheets that are in the cuff of that space suit in the 3rd picture...  That is how I carry my toll money.  :D :D 8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

What you are looking at is THE MOST highest paid construction workers in the world.  Just last week, the MOST highest paid plumber was sent into space to fix a broken toilet on the International Space Station.  :o  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

i wanna go up there and work for a month or six,,, uh wait,, with my track record,,, would have to take along three different doctors just to be sure i get back, lmao     
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Coil Coyle

Quote from: 67GTO on June 16, 2008, 03:37:50 AM
Those pictures are all fakes. They are all done in a studio in Hollywood. It's a government coverup!!!

(right Coil?) :)

GTO,

I don't know, never needed to look into it. How did you form your opinion?

;)
Coil

Night Vision

I have always wondered how the lunar modual landed on cheese and you never see any mice in the pictures the moon and there is no dust on the landing gear... and what about all the shadows going every which way in the pics? did they bring extra lighting effects with them... and how come the moon looks a lot like Nevada?

cheese food for thought
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

inanecathode

Actually you guys. I'm WAY more in the know than you fools are, your conspiracy theories pale in comparison to the utter magnitude of my work of art, behold; They did it for oil, heres how:
1)Fake space landing
2)???
3)Get oil
4)PROFIT!

You see, its just that simple. Even a child could understand this, you're not a CHILD are you?
PS: If you disagree you're automatically one of 'them'

macroars

Have to say: I really loves the sarcasm and wit from inanecathode!

Keep on buddy! Fight the good fight!

.....and now, I am not sarcastic at all!!!!
MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

Coil Coyle

Those are some great pictures, Inane, thanks for posting the link.

;)
Coil

inanecathode

With all honesty they actually do look fake at first, hard to put your finger on it, but terrestrial pictures always have a bit of loss to resolution due to the atmosphere. Its kinda like super realistic computer images, you can always tell but you're not sure why.
Other than its a talking donkey, of course.

joevacc

One thing that makes them so striking is the fact that when you take pictures in space, you have to have your exposure settings set to capture all that shinny stuff we send into space!!  The stars don't show up at those exposure settings.  8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

inanecathode

Who wants to see the absolutely virgin light and all the glory of the face of god in stars trillions of miles away when theres shiny crap to look at :P

Coil Coyle

Quote from: inanecathode on June 20, 2008, 03:07:02 AM
You see, its just that simple. Even a child could understand this, you're not a CHILD are you?
PS: If you disagree you're automatically one of 'them'

Cathode,
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/517.html is 'them'

;)
Coil

Walt_M.

Gee Coil, did you enjoy your nap?
Whale oil beef hooked!