News:

Main Menu

crush rings need for Y-pipe

Started by vadasz1, August 11, 2011, 09:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Does anyone know where there is a supply of the rear crush rings that go on the Y-pipe?  Mine Y-pipe came out of the clamps and the rings seem to have been completely eroded away.  I have MACS for an exhaust system.

If there is another remedy to keep the Y-pipe clamped up tight and sealed well with out these crush rings please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Vadasz1
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260823147729

Figures I would have to buy it from Germany.

4 pcs shipped to my door should be about $35 CDN.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

pullshocks

Did you try ysppart.com?  That's where I got mine, though that was a couple years ago.

Rikugun

Is the ring that fits in the exhaust port in the head or around the Y pipe at the band clamps?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

vadasz1

Around the Y pipe at the band clamps.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: vadasz1 on August 16, 2011, 09:53:23 AM
Around the Y pipe at the band clamps.
I tried to get those from yamaha but no longer available ( the rest are).  Ended up smothering them in exhaust paste and re-fitting. They nearly seal.