News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

YellowJacket! Gets a Facelift **Now with PICS!!**

Started by YellowJacket!, November 20, 2007, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Holy Cow!!  OMG!!  OMG!!

YJ-V2  Came back from paint today and I must say that my neighbor EXCEEDED my expectations!!  YJ is now Corvette Competition Yellow and looks fantastic.  Well, at least the yellow stuff does.  YJ is in the barn patiently waiting for his new skin.

Tony, sanded Filled, primed painted and clearcoated then polished to a glistening perfect mirror shine (yes, I can even count my teeth and the missing ones as well)ad thenhre LESS than he originally told me!  I'm going to stick the emblems on tomorrow and take some pics to post. (too dark now)  It'll still be a few days before I can put everything back on YJ since there is no room in the stall at the moment.
Parts painted:
Tank, Fender, Under seat rails, Side covers and tail cone.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin

I'll get busy and make your luggage rack.

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

GT @ oh.

YellowJacket!

OK, heres some quickie shots of the parts sitting in my office.  The guy really did a great job including the work on the tail piece when he sanded it smooth before he painted it.  This stuff looks so good I'm afraid to put it on the bike now nad ride it.  One things for sure and thats that YJ-V2 is going to get  a frame paint job this winter.

Pics:

Look at that shine!

Tankenstein is no more.

David

inanecathode

EEK! You painted the tail piece!

Looks awesome dave!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

mdskinner731

"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Rick G

Your a lucky fellow !That paint job is awsome.  I'm not much on monochromatic in bright colours, BUT, yours is just superior ! :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Looks fantastic!  All that's missing is the blurry blue "Sunkist" logo diagonally across the tank!   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

so, what sounds better?  LemonJello or YellowJacket?  :o

David

Night Vision

alas.... much like the orange, nothing rhymes with lemon  :-\

and since wolf already has the Flying Banana..... if you feel the need to change her name....

how 'bout

YELLOW FEVER
that sounds sic  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on December 15, 2007, 01:25:49 PM

YELLOW FEVER

:) Hmmmmm, yellow fever...yes, I think it grows on you!!! pun intended ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

...OR Yellow Peril :o

8) Joking apart...Looking really good Dave 8)

8).......TIGER...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

supervision

What a Hot color, superjob, tail section will change the looks also    Good work, can't wait to see finished bike
" border="0

jasonm.

Oh course he painted the tail piece. I did it on my '82. It makes the bike look complete. The dull black looks downright cheap. I had many compliments on my '82 just cause of that tail piece. Which makes it look like my '83.  If you paint an '82...you have to paint the tail piece. You just sand it smooth and it takes paint just fine. I have spare painted tails for my '83 that came off '82s.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Kevin on December 13, 2007, 10:48:36 PM
I'll get busy and make your luggage rack.

Cool!  ;D
I still have that near perfect stock exhaust system for you.

David

Scott_Mc

Quote from: DaveTN on December 15, 2007, 12:21:40 PM
so, what sounds better?  LemonJello or YellowJacket?  :o

David

Yellow Fever....HA

All the Yellow and Black...
Super Bee, oh wait that's been used
..Boobie (sorry these are always on my mind)
and my last entry...V-Bee! Would fit nice on a vanity plate too!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

YellowJacket!

Ok, in between thunderstorms I went out to the barn to take some pics.  Thanks to my two dogs, my back yard is a mud pit interspersed with some squishy landmines, so I elected to leave YJ in the barn for now and take the pics there.  I'm out of school all next week, so I will be able to get some better pics then...maybe by the lake.

The Old (thats also me with an extra 30 lbs...all gone now.) Notice there is no rt caliper yet either.

The New!

YJ!

QBS