News:

Main Menu

Wolf rejetting...

Started by Tiger, July 02, 2009, 07:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Does anyone know the correct jets to use when installing a Wolf exhaust system ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

It seems strange seeing Tiger ask a question.lol.

h2olawyer

Quote from: Tiger on July 02, 2009, 07:10:46 AM
:) Does anyone know the correct jets to use when installing a Wolf exhaust system ???

I'd assume Mikuni.   ;)

You might see if Wolf has the info:  http://www.wolfexhaust.com/

I know they haven't made the Vision exhaust for a long time, but someone there might know.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

Sorry folks this is not the same outfit that made the Wolf Exhausts for the Vision, Gary who made the Exhausts for the Vision has a shop at the Hamilton Airport in Ontario Canada. I had asked him if he would do some more for the Vision but I did not get enough response from the ROV'ers, He does not have the jigs anymore, I will try & locate a phone # for him.
                       Cheers Ken S. 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

h2olawyer

Sorry for the mis-information.  I knew it was a limited run of exhausts done by a sound engineer and wrongly assumed the operation had grown a bit.  Thanks for correcting the info!

Maybe there are enough new folks and some of our exhausts may be rotting - it may be time to see if there is sufficient interest in the Wolf exhaust to try again.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on July 02, 2009, 03:14:59 PM
It seems strange seeing Tiger ask a question.lol.

:) Eyzzz keeps tellin' ya, Eyzzz don't knows everyting brother :o ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Out by Hamilton Airport Kenny....Hmmmmm, would be nice to go pay this man a visit sometime soon  8)

Thanks guys...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on July 02, 2009, 07:10:46 AM

BIG ONES   :o :o :D ;D
hey, the smilies are back!

probably a little smaller than what I used for the Preds:

137.5 air pilots
130 mains
66 fuel pilots

the Wolf's probably flow more air than the stockers so you need bigger jets to keep up.

the fuel pilots only go up to 60 so I had to make my own by drilling them out.
I have a couple of up'd sizes, and if you brought maybe two sets (4 total) more down with 'ya
we could make you an good selection.

the air pilots and mains are the same kind and readily available at a good shop

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

The Prophet of Doom

Cycleworks in New Zealand still make XZ550 exhast systems (http://cycleworks.co.nz)
I don't know what the freight costs would be to Armenia - probably less if you got them made unjoined and welded together locally rather than sent as the one piece.
Prices in $US without headers
$240 Black
$350 Chrome
$440 Stainless
I have these on my bike, they are pretty good replacements.   Not as fluted as stock, and a tad louder with a more satisfying rumble.
They also manufacture custom, so if you really wanted MAC look alikes etc these guys will do it.