News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Full Fairing

Started by Re-Vision, June 29, 2009, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Would appreciate info regarding an 83 full fairing for my 82. How difficult will it be to locate one and what would be a fair price for one in good shape?  BDC

Brian Moffet

I don't know the cost issue. But the hardest pieces to find seem to be the "W" bracket, and the oil tube/bracket.  If you can find those, you'll be in pretty good luck.  I don't see one on Ebay at this time, but they do crop up.  If you do find a fairing but it's missing parts, let us know, we may the spare parts you need.

If it needs repair, the fiberglass work isn't the difficult, just make sure you protect yourself if you sand it.

Rick G

There out there, but patience is necessary to get one. A Visionary, several years ago, 2003??) bought a very nice one one eBay, for 600.00!!!! I bought one, in 2004, that had no lowers and no windshield , but included the upper bracket , including the "W" bracket, needing paint, for 50.00 and that included two , low mileage cylinders W/ pistons and rings , that I'm still using.
I imported my first one from Canada in 2001, for 200.00 plus 119.00 shipping.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

I bought one for 100 bucks,, needing paint, at least, (I havent received it yet) and brackets, (sourced those here) I still need an oil filler tube...  so, they're out there. Good luck!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Night Vision

funk, I sent you the oil filler tube which is welded to the left lower bracket...

you need an 83 sidecase switcheroo or a machined adapter to fit the oil plug on your 82 case.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

OH!! Thanks! Guess I should have looked at the parts!! Hmmmm, side cover, eh? I see another mission in my future..
I own:

Cdnlouie

Congratulations  ;)! That is one of the most worthwhile accessories you can ever purchase and the job could have saved your life as well so God   :angel: is surely in control here!

funkamongus

God loves me, Im a kept man, I dont know how it happened or even if Im worth it,, but Im definitely a Kept man. I get reminded all the time while Im on unemployment and broke.. I still have all I need.
PS revision, Im on the lookout for ya... Check craigslist too,, Im on the westcoast if it helps and for info its gonna cost me about 70 to ship mine from Denver area to Tahoe, without a windshield.
I own:

inanecathode

I have the full fairing without any of the side brackets. Left side was easy enough to make. Just lots of hammering and bending with a piece of steel. I just use a long funnel for oil, easy enough. Right side bracket i made sucked. It worked ok holding the fairing, but it pivoted and pushed on the coolant tubes making one leak, and inducing one idiot bike owner to go ahead and replace the seals thinking they were leaking, when in fact they were fine.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brian Moffet

How much for the turtle?

lexx790

Anyone have any pictures of the oil fillers as I have a fairing that wasn't fitted when I bought mine but I may have it in the box of spares that came with the bike.

funkamongus

I own:

The Prophet of Doom

There seem to be a few people who need these funk.
could be a few $ for your m/cycle fund.

I 'm in - just need the adapter to screw into an 82 sized hole can pay or swap parts

lexx790

Thanks for the pictures, I'll have a dig around in me spares box, now I know what I'm looking for.
Does that bracket hold the lower faring as well and if so presumably theres another similar bracket on the other side, any chance of another picture ?

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Brian Moffet on July 18, 2009, 07:09:57 PM
How much for the turtle?

LOL...  I have that exact same turtle sprinkler.  Had to glue his head back on though.  :-(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Yes, the bracket holds the lower fairing.  Look at the additional links on mine and you'll get a lot more views of it. 

lexx790

Thanks Brian I found the bracket pictures.
I found the bracket with the refill tube in my box of spares.
Couldn't find the other side though, I guess I'll have to make my own from your detailed pics ( nice touch with the tape measure )