News:

Main Menu

Finals are Done!!!

Started by YellowJacket!, March 31, 2009, 10:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Ok, so it took me 20 years to get it done.  After graduating RT school in 1989 with an AS degree, I decided to go back to school and complete my BS. (Most of you may agree that I am very good at BS but thats another story).  So anyway, about two years ago I went back to school to finish my BS degree with the intention of going further to get my Masters as a Physician Assistant.

Well, ther is now 39 days until I graduate East Tennessee State University with my BS in Cardiopulmonary Science (Respiratory Therapy)!!!   :D ;D :)

I have about 5 regular exams left and I have to take this thing called the "senior exit exam" and test out of my computer science class - even though I have a degree in computer science.  I think its just another way for the school to milk me for some more cash.

After that I have to take the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) to get into a Masters program and I really don't like taking standardized tests.  Finally, after April 15th, I'll start my next round of applications to PA schools and will hopefully get in this time around.

So, everyone is invited to come cheer me on as I attempt a cartwheel across the stage as I pick up my diploma at ETSU in Johnson City TN on Saturday, May 9th at 2:00pm.  All are welcome - as I'll probably only have about 5 family members attending.   :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vadasz1

Dave, I think it would just be a gag if you could ride YJ onto the podium and take your diploma on her.  Then do a wheelie to stage left and head on towards the sunset..............
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

Congrats on (almost) getting through this hurdle, David!

As for the GRE, take lots of practice tests.  Those standardized tests are normally not too bad if you know how the questions and answers normally work, and practice will give you some insight into what to expect.  The brutal questions are the ones where they give you a fact pattern with four outcomes.  Then the multiple guess answers involve recognizing which of the four (normally in combinations such as I & II above, I & III above, II only, IV only, none, or all as your choices.  I find those questions really test both your knowledge of the subject & your ability to take tests.  The Colorado Bar Exam I took was full of those.  The two day exam was 1 1/2 days (12 hours of test time) of multiple guess questions and 1/2 day (4 hours) of essay questions.  Not fun at all - and I enjoy taking tests!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

So dave, i get winded easily and i've got a periodic heart palpitation that happens about 2-3 times a day.
Should i drink more orange juice?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Night Vision

how's yer oil level?  :D

check your blood pressure at the drug store  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

and see a doctor.
+++ Quit smoking if you smoke....  ;-)

Actually, the palpitations are bothersome.  Everyone has them from time to time - feels like a little flutter.  People who drink a lot of caffeine tend to have more frequent ones than people who dont.  However, if you are having shortness of breath and palpitations, see a doctor.

David

inanecathode

No smoking here!
Less like a flutter feeling more like someone pressing their heel into my sternum <_<

funkamongus

... is your wife standing on your chest??
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

YellowJacket!

Wooohoooo! Cap and gown arrived this weekend - with a note inserted stating that receipt of the cap and gown was not a guarantee that I was graduating.  LOL
The invitations - all 10 of them arrived today!

Open invitation to all my ROV brothers and sisters:

Come cheer me on...May 9th at 2pm at East Tennessee State University.  :-)

David

funkamongus

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! my new friend..
I own:

YellowJacket!

Down to the wire now....exam week!  Been studying hard for the last couple weeks.  I have three tests this week just in my A+P class - Chapter and lab tests on the kidneys an pee, and my Lab Final.  Have a Stats quiz and final assignmet to do and today is my only day off.  Next week I have my finals in A+P and Stats and then graduate on the 9th!
I took my senior exit exam which was pretty much an IQ test of sorts and I tested out of Computer Science.  Even though I have a degree in CompSci, I was required to either take the test or take the class.  The thest took over three hours!!  It was only 97 questions but each question took over 30 seconds to load.  I asked the proctor and she said, "yeah, thats pretty normal."  Ugh....  Anyway, got only 2 wrong on that.  :-)
The next thing on the agenda is getting my PA school applications out.  Since only 2 of the schools are in TN, it is possible that I'll be moving to a new location so, I'll keep you all posted and where I'll be relocating to for grad school.  One possibility buts me close to Kiawrench.
I'm going to try to get as much studying done this week so I can possibly meet up with the guys coming down to ride Cherohala and the Dragon.

Later,
David

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 28, 2009, 10:15:25 AM
Chapter and lab tests on the kidneys an pee

Do you need samples?

YellowJacket!

inanecathode

Coil Coyle

Dave, Dave, Dave...
:(

You better up your dosage of vitamin D again. If you don't, soon you'll be falling in lust again and blow the whole career thing.

;D :D

$0.02
Coil

YellowJacket!

Whew! Ace'd my A+P lab exam now all I have is my A+P and Statistics finals.  Graduation rehersal is Friday and I have to drive 2 1/2 hours each way for a 1 hour rehersal.  Since YJ will be out for saddle bag mounting I'll be "borrowing" moms new 09 Miata.....what a great little car.  Had it all week since my passenger side window broke out of my Accordian.

David

funkamongus

CONGRATS on the Ace, Brother!!!!!
I own:

Tiger

8) Congrat's Dave, keep it rollin'... 8) Finishing line is soooooooo close... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

I'm proud of you Lad! ;) ;) I may even move to Tennessee , just so you can be my doctor.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

67GTO

Turn your head and cough Rick ;)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV