2 ?'s: headlight & exhaust

Started by tryder, October 10, 2003, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryder

Question 1: When my bike's warming up, the left pipe puts out lots of exhaust (looks & smells OK, just lots of it) & the right one barely put out any. Is this normal? Once it's warmed up seems to run just fine. Pressure on both pipes seems the same.

Question 2: I park my bike under a tarp. Don't have a garage or better covered area available nearby. It's been raining the past few days. During a lull in the showers I went out for a ride and discovered on the way back that my headlight wasn't working (same with the instrument lights). Fuse is fine. Is this common? I've read other posts about bad connectors. Does moisture affect this a lot? When checking connections, which one would you recommend starting with?

Thanks folks, Any assistance appreciated.

Rick G

I recommend  cleaning all of them , and  put a bit of diaelectric grease in befor you plug them in. (see my recient post on cleaning connectors with C L R.  Bikes that are forced to live out doors ,even under a cover have it hard. Also,  spray som WD 40 or similar product into the switch openings on the bars to head off future problems,
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike