News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Atten.:Bikeseamas re. brake mods.

Started by QQBS, February 24, 2003, 04:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QQBS

Bikes. , you recently made an intreguing proposal regarding replacing the stock V master cylinder with a much more late model Yamaha sport bike item.  Have you done this on an '83?  If so, were there any fairing or handle bar riser interferance problems?  Which specific models are the best fit?

When this mod is done, the additional switch to braided hydraulic lines seems like a no brainer.  However, the cheapest lines I've seen so far for the '83 with its two discs were $95.00 USD.  Are you or any other of our most esteemed and wonderfully experianced V gurus (you know who you are) aware of cheaper alternatives.  Has anyone had experiance with local custom line fabricators?  If so, what was the pricing?

Thanks for all your help!  Cheers.

Humber

I am looking for the new lines in Poland and they will probably cost not more than $65
nie ma podpis?w

bikeseamus

QQBS   I'm using a 92 FJ1200 master on my 83, it fits fine. The brake lines are for that year and model as well, but they were given to me by a friend as a favor payback, so I can't give you their cost. I've bought brake lines from maccycle@msn.com on ebay as kits in pieces with good success, although if you measure the length of yours you should be able to buy a pair of stainless lines on ebay for around twenty bucks, used. About any modern Japanese sportbike master should work, YZF,FZR,GSXR,CBR,ZX,as well as Triumph,Aprilla,Ducati.....they are mostly Nissin subcontracted anyway.I wish I could give you a complete list of all the masters that are direct no mod bolt ons, but I haven't done the homework on it. Perhaps others in this forum will make entries on this subject as they find out. If you buy brake lines with bolt together fittings you will be able to rotate the lines to suit the curvature of your routing, it's the advantage of the kits, Do this modification...if it saves your life one time a few bucks one way or the other is a trifling consideration...a burnt stator won't kill you. Weak front brakes might..OK Bub