News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Alternatives to the Vision gas tank?

Started by DaWiseWun, October 06, 2004, 07:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaWiseWun

Has anybody looked at alternative Gas tanks for the vision?  Now I wouldn't want to set off any purists out there, but I was just wondering if maybe other yamaha tanks might fit the V with a little modification and be less likely to rust like the vision tank?

Thanks,
Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

Blake

you're not really left with much options, due to the dual backbone of the vision, and the big space required by the airbox.  i've tried looking but still have yet to come up with one....

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

glennw

We had someone on here who a while back who had another yamaha tank on his V. He even had a nice photo of it. I did a search yesterday and could not find it.
Does anybody know who that member was????
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Blake

haha..

that was actually me there glenn.

I randomly found that picture somewhere and could never figure out what that tank was from.. ill search around and see if i cant find it.  maybe someone will recognize it this time around.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Sable

I remember this one... here is a link to the posting:
http://www.ghetti.net/cgi-bin/ROVBB/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1089623402;start=7#7

Also, the post was started by: jone

the topic was: starts with one cyl?

search on either the name or topic and you can see a close up of his very sharp looking ride  ;D

~Sable

1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Blake

wow..

i definately must havent been around for that..  my mistake..i did have a picture of another one though... but quite an interesting bike he has..

Blake

DaWiseWun

His bike is very unique.  I guess nobody has that gas tank either.  :)   I've almost done overhauling my tank, again.  it's so humid where I live that if you sneeze, somthing in the near vicinity will rust to pieces. but oh well.  I think my tank is more brass than steel  ::)  Let me know if anybody has a decent tank that they are willing to let go.

I emailed that guy on ebay, waiting for him to get back with me.  

Thanks for the info guys,
Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

Blake

oh man... it just hit me..

V-star 650 is the tank he has..

hmm.. i have a v-star 650...

;D

anyone want to see what a vision tank on a v-star looks like??  haha.

Blake