Led Zeppelin I

Started by kwells, June 26, 2007, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

I just played this whole album and had forgotten how hard these guys wailed.  Go dig it out of your record, 8-track, or in ron's case 4-track collection and play it if you haven't heard it in a while.

Fin
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

I've got the anthology on mp3s...
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

:) Go to www.q107.com its a Toronto classic rock station and they play lots of Zep' music aaaaall day 8) not forgetting AC/DC, Eagles, etc, etc.....

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Ron_McCoy

I don't have the four track any more, but I have it on vinyl, you know, a record.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: inanecathode on June 27, 2007, 03:19:20 AM
I've got the anthology on mp3s...

That should be against the law!  Oldies on new technology, geesh.  Part of the experience is hearing the pops, hiss, and cracks of the record album.

Brian (grumble, grumble, never understand computers, grumble)

visionless

A Zeppelin anthology is not the same.  For a long time I had zeppelin II and the 4 disc box set.  I had all the great stuff, but it was just kind of thrown together.  Last year, for Christmas I Got the box set that contained all of the albums in their entirety.  No comparison! Hearing all of the songs from Zeppelin I is one thing, but hearing Babe I'm going to leave you build to a crescendo and then lead into You shook me can't be beat.  I had to stop while writing this to put the album on. Thanks Kevin!  My girls want to know why I'm blasting the stereo at 8:00 A.M.  They say they can't hear their cartoons.  How things change!
                     Chris

P.S.  I think today will be a Led Zeppelin marathon at my house Leppelin I thru CODA.
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

kwells

In all fairness all my Led is on mp3s but that is why I get to blast it out at work too so it's not all bad.

www.wellsmoto.com

Walt_M.

Ah, memory lane! I was in Germany at the service of our own US government when I first heard Zep I. I had been on duty when I came into the barracks and one of my buddies had just gotten it and it was blasting. Still have my original vinyl but I also have it on CD.
Whale oil beef hooked!

kwells

Makes me wanna find a record player and get some vinyl

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Zep on vinyl ROCKS!  (How 'bout Jerry Lee Lewis or Chuck Berry on wax?)   ;D  I prefer most music on vinyl - a much 'warmer' sound.  Lots of memories in the clicks & pops.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

Vinyl did have a warmth that digital music does not have....
but I don't miss Vinyl at all, the hisses & pop's became part of the song!

I will gladly stick the whole zepplin/sabbath/metallica/megadeth and a couple hundered more albums on my ipod, and have it shuffle while I ride... THAT is what Technology is about!

(By the way, Zep I was always my favorite.. Communication Breakdown Baby!!)
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

kwells

Had to throw it on now that Im not at the lab.  Nothing like having it so loud that the sub in the corner kicks you in the chest and the mids make you squint when they hit.  Did I mention that I live in an apt building?  ha... hope they like zep

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

For mobile music, modern, digital technology can't be beat.  However, I can't remember the last time I played a CD of any of my classic vinyl in the house.  (collection of over 1,000 vinyl albums)  I have put all my favorites on CDs, but they get played in the truck or the garage boom box.  Now, with SIRIUS radio in the truck, I don't even take CDs on the road anymore.

Haven't got an iPod or MP3 player as yet.  Not sure I even want one.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

With Sirius you get the similar effect of getting to take it anywhere.  I have a 30 gig iPod and with it on random I think I can go 37 days nonstop and not hear the same some twice.  And I get to choose the exact stuff I listen to.  I love satellite too for stuff like comedy or off the wall stuff that I dont have.

www.wellsmoto.com

Scott_Mc

I will never tire of listening to classic Zep....NEVER!  8)
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

h2olawyer

"No Stairway"      :D    Got way too overplayed through the 70s & 80s.

As good as Zeppelin is, I'm a bigger fan of The Who's "Who's Next" album.  All Killer - No Filler.

H2O

dj

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 27, 2007, 01:11:19 PM
"No Stairway"      :D    Got way too overplayed through the 70s & 80s.

As good as Zeppelin is, I'm a bigger fan of The Who's "Who's Next" album.  All Killer - No Filler.

H2O

Stairway was always the most popular song at all the school dances.  Nice long slow song to play with your dates butt while dancing.  ;)  Ah the few good memories from school.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

kwells

memories? school?  what....? go to the office?  What did I do? 

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

The only two led vinyls i have are houses of the holy and zep I
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

visionless

Ah! Houses of the HolyOver the Hills and Far Away, That is a great Zeppelin song!
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731