Baffle advice please

Started by pinholenz, September 06, 2012, 05:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinholenz

Happy day today - scored some unused header pipes on our local e-bay equivalent.

But the rest of the exhaust is sure gonna look crap. Stripped it all down to see what I can do to refurbish what's left. Dropped the baflles out and found that the outer case appears to have been cut away about 2 inches from each end and the remains of some fibre glass stuffed around the centre tube.

Was this a modification back in the day? The bike is pretty loud and harsh at present. I'd appreciate some advice to modify what's left to get a reasonable balance of back pressure and noise.

Roro, thanks for the gift in the post. Brilliant!!

Cheers  John M
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

The Prophet of Doom

Sounds like crap.
I may be able to sell you a set of good stainless replicas or perhaps a NOS set of Macs depending on how my Spec2s look when they come back from ceramic coating in a couple of weeks

Also selling a fairing if you don't have one already

pinholenz

Well, this poor old bike ain't flash. I reckon its been laying around in the salt air for quite a few years. I'll get the engine and wheels all shiny again with a soda blast soon and new tail pipes would make a huge difference. So very interested. Hadn't thought about a fairing, that's a possibility too. Not anxious for anything at present so long as it is road ready and I have decent rubber. (Thanks for your advice BTW)  Hoping to do the Southern Cross run over the summer  so I might just be down your way at some point. Cheers, John
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550