News:

Main Menu

Want to say hello

Started by German, July 20, 2011, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

German

At first I want to say hello to the members of this great forum! :)

Additional: 550 thanks to the admins!

The last days I read many threads here, also what kind of spare parts are offered and which parts are searched.

It´s very interesting to see the differents between the US-Version and the European/German one.

On this pages there are a lot of important informations! Thanks to all who have written these documents.

You will realise in my first few words, that I am from another continent...  :-\

I will make a lot of failures in the text - please correct after puzzle out  ??? what it may be what I want to say!  ;)
read => puzzle => smile => correct (I hope now to learn what I had to do at school 40 years ago...)

To my person:
I am 20 years older than my XZ,  I live in Germany and have a XZ 550 naked from 1982 with the special german version with 37 kW (50 PS).

The bike is waiting for a little time, because the engine has a leak between cylinder and crankcase.

Okay, that´s it for the moment!

Kind regards from Germany
Harald
No one is so much crazy, that he wouldn't find someone crazier, who will understand him.

Re-Vision

Welcome aboard Harald, we get to see the European version of the Vision mostly through the German E-Bay. Hope you get whatever is necessary to put your bike back on the road. Continue to share your thoughts here with ROV'ers from all over the Earth.      BDC

Tiger

:) Hello and welcome to the 'ROV family'... 8)

Your English is way better than my German!!! ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

QBS

From here in Texas, welcome aboard Harald.

The Prophet of Doom

If you wanted to upgrade your 37 kW to full power, there are not a lot of parts to change from memory, just need to compare the parts fiche for the two models and ask here for what you need.

Did you know there is also an XZ550.de they are similar, though perhaps a little smaller and have regular group rides

German

Thank you all for the welcome in this board!

@ Roro: The differences between 50 PS (the reason for the less power version was a cheaper insurance-class) and 64 PS are the four camshafts and the two carburators. Not only the jets! Also the rubbers between carburators and cylinderhead, but here now we can only get the 64 PS Version of rubbers (Ansaugstutzen = intake fitting?)

I don´t want to change it, 50 PS are enough. Not much, but good. May be that the kind of running will be better with the less power (?)At first I have to bring it back to the road, I have to tigerize it  ;)

May be that sometimes I will look for a 64 PS Version additional. But normally it would be better to concentrate (focus) at one...
This time i read a book with the title "Simplify your life" -  may be you can imagine why  :)

I m thinking about looking for the US handlebar parts, which are longer than the europeans. Only from 83 model?

Kind regards ove the ocean

Harald

No one is so much crazy, that he wouldn't find someone crazier, who will understand him.

Walt_M.

Hello Harald and welcome. Fortunately for you, if you want the higher handlebar risers, they are the standard US and Canadian '82 parts and are much more plentiful. I personally prefer the lower bars on my '83 but at least you have a choice.
Whale oil beef hooked!

lexx790

Hi Harold, good to see a fellow European here.
Best Regards
Simon

darkvision

Harald,   Welcome to the Vision family!  You will this forum a great source of information and entertainment. Keep us posted on your progression, help is always there when you need it.
all the best,  DarkV