Main Menu

Wot yer got??

Started by Tiger, January 01, 2009, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Now the big fat guy with the red suit & white beard, who's reindeer's crap all over your roof while he's inside your house having a wee drink & sneak around, has gone back north...and I mean waaaaaaay north, what did he leave all you good boys and girlie's then... 8)

I must have been good this year 'cause he left me a new Shark helmet, the one with the double visor (clear and a dark one), some tools (which all Visionaries need :o), a smelly stuff pack...shower gel/shampoo/deodorant, etc, a new razor...the one that vibrates and has five blades and costs a fortune to reload!!, a bottle of my favorite aftershave, a really nice "T" shirt with a Tiger front and back (hey, I picked it out ::)), a bottle of scotch :o, some gift vouchers and some candies...I'm sure I missed something :-\

Soooooo, wot did you got, eh... ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

I got:
a pillow
4 pink flamingos
two pairs of jeans

.... and a NY Giants flag to fly outside

got the wife:
monkey picked tea
tequila
truffles

we don't spend a lot on each other at Christmas.... more so on birthdays

Who's this guy that brings the good stuff? and do you have to be good?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Walt_M.

Got a nice bottle of Chivas, some DVDs, a Farmer's Almanac and some snacks. Got my wife a purse, gloves, workout socks and chocolate-covered cherries.
Spent the most on the grand-daughters of course.
What we are most thankful for is our health. Wish the same for everyone, Happy New Year to all.
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Starbucks gift card...$10.00.

But I DID win a really cool computer system so I told my family not to buy me anything.  I'm on Santas naughty list (lifetime member) so he doesn't visit me.  :-(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ps2/bikevision

black n decker lithium ion battery drill, saw zaw, and flashlight combo with extra battery.

Brian Moffet

Wall-E on DVD, a cool chess set, lots of food, and a cool photo frame.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: ps2 on January 03, 2009, 08:05:22 PM
black n decker lithium ion battery drill, saw zaw, and flashlight combo with extra battery.
Funny how we are ecstatic with power tools for Christmas, but buy your girlfriend a vacuum cleaner or an iron and watch those sparks fly  ;D

Aelwulf

I must've been pretty crappy overall somehow.  I got a blue plush M&M guy with a microfiber back to clean computer monitors from the folks and a tissue box cover with a top that looks like a big head from Easter Island where the tissues come out his nose from my sister.  Oh yeah, and a box of candies and $20 Walmart card from an ex.  But, it is more than I usually get so... lol

My belated present to myself is skimping to get the rest of the deductible together to get the Mean Streak back.  The '82 is slowly improving but getting to the point I have to spend some on checmicals/a front lift to finish.  Since no one piped up on the '83 looks like I may be attempting to do some work on that one before long (relatively speaking).

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Jay

Twas a good holiday, to start off with I got a 1982 Yamaha Vision! To: Me - From: Me ;D ;D Plus 20 quarts of Rotella 5w-40 full synthetic oil for my truck, oil filter, and 2 fuel filters from the folks. The ex-wife got a lump of coal, I just haven't thrown it at her, I mean given it to her yet.

The kids were spoiled rotten, so i'm not going to go over all that.

Happy holidays to all!
1982 Yamaha Vision - Restore in progress
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 - Salvage Restore
1994 Subaru SVX - Restore in progress
2004 Ford Excursion - Daily driver

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: roro on January 03, 2009, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: ps2 on January 03, 2009, 08:05:22 PM
Funny how we are ecstatic with power tools for Christmas, but buy your girlfriend a vacuum cleaner or an iron and watch those sparks fly  ;D

yea my some what girlfriend was really pissy after i didnt invite her to the folks house. (were off and on, that is when im home, i live 1000 mile away now so wtf) so when it came to my birthday on 12-31 it was, go fist yourself when i crawled into bed. so much for a birthday night gift. :( oh well theres more fish in the sea.

Rick G

We shared one of those electric heaters that have sudo- flames , very cheery on cold nights ! :D
I got socks and CDs and diarrhea !  :P  >:(, I rather have a lump of coal! Thanks!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Coal is actually worth quite a bit these days.

Down here we got a lake full of 1 billion gallons of fly ash slurry (See the TVA Kingston Steam plant disaster in the news).

So, the steam plant being coal fired and now a shortage of coal because the rail tracks that supply the coal were washed out...coal is worth a lot.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Jay

So I should tell her to appriciate it when I throw the lump of coal at her, i mean give the lump of coal to her? I could tell her to cram it up her ass and turn it into a diamond!
1982 Yamaha Vision - Restore in progress
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 - Salvage Restore
1994 Subaru SVX - Restore in progress
2004 Ford Excursion - Daily driver

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

ps2/bikevision

you talking about getting her a lump of coal reminds me of when i was a kid i bought my stepmother a magnet of a scottish terrier head. when she first opened it she thought it was a lump of coal and actually through it at me with a few choice words and stormed out of the room. i was 8-9 years old at the time so our gifts to our parents were cheap items but it was supposed to be the thought that counted. after getting smacked in the head by my father i picked the magnet up and showed that it wasent a lump of coal. the damage was done at that point and christmas there after was ruined for me. i no longer enjoy the holiday and for many years would actually get sick when people started to show up. i would spend most of the holiday in my room with flu like symptoms. i dont even remember what the gifts were that i had gotten but i do remember that i had broken several of them during all the fuss. im known for breaking or throwing something when im mad.

now that im older i still hate getting a gift. when i do i just open it and put it away to inspect later when im alone. my family knows this now and doesent expect alot of joy from me when opening it. it wasent till i got home that i really checked out the drill combo i got this year and have already used it to build a shelf. it is a nice gift and i called to say thanks.

id much rather get together and have dinner, drink some beer, and talk about whats new.

Brian Moffet

My in-laws bought me a set of extension tubes for my camera, so now I can take Macro photos...

Rick G

Am I seeing things or is the slug wearing sun glasses.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike