News:

Main Menu

loosing power

Started by Guerrero, May 04, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

We'll have to add "Guru of 11U" to "Powder-Coater Extraordinaire" and "Master Brake Builder" whenever addressing POD.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

QBS

Guerrero

So dear friends :)you can congratz me.i have got a Deutch Demo version :laugh: hurray.
so changed air jets to 120.mains to 122.5 and 127.5,and put 10 grams of something on to flapper.
now,should i order from ebay(but i must be sure,that they are not demo version as well) or some one from ROV can help me with Camshaft?

Guerrero

Rick G

Is anyone sure that the "learner version " actually had differant cams? I sent a set of Vision cams to  Humber in Poland to upgrade his German version of the low power XZ550 . He could detect no difference between the cams I sent and the cams in the bike . The cams i sent came from a North American '82 . There are no 50 HP vision here.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Guerrero

just that i checked cams,and they were 35.4 mm as said on diagrams(demo version)and for normal version it is 36.8mm

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Guerrero on October 21, 2013, 08:16:12 AM
So dear friends :)you can congratz me.i have got a Deutch Demo version :laugh: hurray.
so changed air jets to 120.mains to 122.5 and 127.5,and put 10 grams of something on to flapper.
now,should i order from ebay(but i must be sure,that they are not demo version as well) or some one from ROV can help me with Camshaft?
I am pleased you have found a probable cause for your poor performance; diagnosing is always the hardest part.

I'm sorry I do not have any spare cams to send you - my spare engine had them removed on the rear cylinder for some unknown reason.

I'd suggest you go the "The Swap Shop" on this forum.  There are a few people offering parts recently such as VisionSeattle, NtmrMoon so give them a Private Message.  They may not read this post.  I'd also suggest a Wanted: Cams request in a separate thread - All the other 550 models have the same cams, so you do not need to worry much about the model.
Perhaps PM Humber as well;  seems he has a spare set of cams.

Be careful when buying in a foreign language.  The Ebay listing you posted was for ONE cam, you need four.  I think you would be best with four off the same bike.

Rick G

Humber sold all of his stuff to a friend , so he may be able to refer you. On this side of the Atlantic, Sunburnedaz can help you . I sold almost all my stuff to him . H20 lawyer has lots of stuff too.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Guerrero

ok.thanks guyz.will look for it :)

oh,so i need four of them? not just a pair? =) ok will know

Re-Vision

I have a set.     BDC

Guerrero

Made a deal with Re-Vision.thanks to him.now when i will get those cams,i will see,how things changes  :)

Guerrero

Just got that set of cams.thanks again to Re-Vision.
hope will get to put them on in these days :)

Guerrero

but for my problem,only now i took a look at this - http://www.xz550.de/tp3/fileadmin/xz-tipps/xz-50-oder-64ps-die%20unterschiede.pdf
and understood about drossel klappe=) only now.
will it be big problem,if i will run with 64hp cams,and jets,but with 50 carbs?(i understand that it is not a good idea..)
do i need to change then the carbs lower body part and butterfly?how much it again can cost?...

The Prophet of Doom

No-one on this forum except you has a low power model - they may better answer this question (whether it will make a difference keeping the 50PS carb bottom) on the German forum.  Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

The butterfly size is based on the size of the hole it fits, so yes, you will need a new bottom for each.  Someone here is bound to have a set.  I think I have a spare single you can have for free + postage cost (from New Zealand)

Guerrero

ok.thanks.will try to get some info on .de sprechen,aber shcleht.also im schule fuhr sieben jahre gelernt...

Guerrero

oh well.got info from .de  they say,that i have to change carbs for sure,otherwise it wont work.
so it seem i need carbs lower part,and rubber intakes,some one have any offers? :)

Guerrero

work update:
finaly changed cams.yet,could not start,because of not charged battery.tomorow will start it and put to winter sleep.tired of this...
still looking for carbs bot and rubber intake to change.

p.s. now have set of camshafts from xz550 german low power model =) if outside there is some one,who want to get them,pm  me ;)

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Guerrero on November 21, 2013, 11:03:54 AM
work update:
finaly changed cams.yet,could not start,because of not charged battery.tomorow will start it and put to winter sleep.tired of this...
still looking for carbs bot and rubber intake to change.

p.s. now have set of camshafts from xz550 german low power model =) if outside there is some one,who want to get them,pm  me ;)
I thought Bobby offered you a set at a very reasonable price ? And I found you a set from wreckers at a dearer price but not outrageous.  If you are waiting for a free set, you might be in for a long wait.

dingleberry

schwierig zu verstehen :-[
You like, oui?

Guerrero

no,i am not waiting for a free set.just the set that offered bobby was with water damage.and i dont know ,will i be able to clean it...