News:

Main Menu

loosing power

Started by Guerrero, May 04, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tig5

Hi Guerrero, I think we have been having the same problem!

My problem started intermittently. The bike would run on one cylinder sometimes, usually after I'd been riding it for more than 10-15 minutes.
I also had trouble starting my bike so I would use up a lot of the power. I was having to recharge my battery a lot. I then noticed that even when the bike did start ok, the battery would go flat after 3 or 4 rides, so even when it was rideable it was not charging, and going flat.
It took me a while but I finally realized that the bike would only fire on both cylinders with a FRESHLY CHARGED battery. After about 10-15 minutes I would lose spark to rear cylinder. If I stopped bike and left it and then started it again it would ride ok for another 5 minutes then the rear cylinder would cut out.
I thought something was loose or overheating and replaced spark plug caps and wires etc but it wasn't until I noticed the charging problem that I figured the 2 problems might be related.
When I connected my multimeter to the battery and started the bike, the voltage would drop from 13.0v to 12.65 or lower. I had a spare stator and put this in, started bike and it read about 15v. However after about 15 minutes of riding the problem returned! I need to test the reg/rect diode but after checking/replacing everything else I have a feeling this is the issue!

Let us know how you get along!

Guerrero

yeah.seems this problem is deep.
as i said,i tested 3 wires from stator,and they dont show 50vac,only about 6-10 vac.as i understand it is bad.and at my battery there dont come any DC,only about 25 AC.
and the strangest thing is that,3 wires coming from stator grounds,even it should not be like that!!i can't understand where hey are shortening,or something to frame.
and one more problem,that other 3 wires coming out from stator-ground or something,they are little broken,and at the entrance at stator without wire sealing.today will try to fix that,and maybe even rewind stator

Guerrero

next,probobly stupid question-from which bike,except allready honda cbr i can take RR unit? what i need to know,what should be the same? =) hard to find,if u dont know,what are you looking for :)

Re-Vision

It appears that you need a new stator and RR unit. Unless you are familiar with rewinding high current windings, I would suggest that it would be much simpler to buy a new stator.     BDC

Guerrero

yes,i allready today at morning gave stator to for rewinding.i better wont do that my self.+ all three negative wires coming from the stator case were kind of broken,but man who will rewind,will change them too.so about stator no worries,and it will be cheaper,than buy new one) from 60 to 100 usd.

is it possible,then to put on new stator,and check how everithing works?i mean,if RR really is dead,wont it kill stator again?only for like few secs,to check is it working or not?so i dont need to wait till i get somwhere RR unit

Re-Vision

I suppose its possible that your R/R unit is still good and you could check the charging Voltage quickly before damage occurs to stator. I'd look for a new R/R unit before risking damage to new wired stator. JMO    BDC

P.S. Still think brown wire should be used.

Guerrero

iff ill get new rr,ill try to connect brown,just first i need to get RR.no one is answering me,how to know,which will fit vision?ok,i know,that honda cbr 600,any more ideas? or are they all in about same price range?

Re-Vision

fret not

This one is the correct type
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-CBR-600rr-voltage-regulator-rectifier-/281152425630?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4175fd8e9e&vxp=mtr

Sometimes they are available for $40 or a bit more, but you have to search for them, and there are lots that have very high prices but they are no better than the lower price ones.  It is important that you get the correct one.  If buying a RR unit from eBay send a question to the seller to verify the number stamped on the unit starts with FH,  NOT SH.  The SH ones will work if they are good but they are not MOSFET.

Many regulator rectifiers will function for your bike but the MOSFET units will run cooler and last much longer.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Guerrero

thank you,for help. :)

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Guerrero

nice,now only need to get info from both,do they shipp to my country;) and how much can it cost.as i looked,to other RR,but shipping price is about the same...55-60 usd

The Prophet of Doom

Lots of r/r units for sale on aliexpress.com  (direct from china)
Good prices and they tend to ship worldwide

Guerrero

thanks,will have a look

Guerrero

just got and put on my stator.but now for sure have to change r/r,because no charging is happening.
i would love to buy from ebay..but to pay half of price only for shipping.dont really know,what to do..and could not find,or just bad in looking for at aliexpress.com

Guerrero

but if ill put non mosfet unit?from for example cbr 1000 rr? will it be bad?new,but not oem

Guerrero

im realy sorry,that i write so much garbage,but want to make everithing right