Origami Motorcycles

Started by The Prophet of Doom, March 25, 2007, 08:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Found this on the Yamaha.jp site the other day - tiny origami motorcycles for downloading.  Alas, no XZ, but flipping cool nevertheless.  I wonder if I could be arsed modifying one.  Naaa

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

Lucky

i think...i'd end up...comitting hari-kari.....   :(

i'm lucky i got my XZ400 model together, lol
WoW! very cool though!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

markmakeitso

There was a Ducati paper model used as a promo several decades ago, don't know if it was the first paper model motorcycle, but it was certainly less advanced than those bikes.

Wow, that would make a cool winter project. Could probably get a basket case back on the road with a similar investment of time however.

YellowJacket!

I downloaded the V-Max.  I'd love to have areal one of those. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Quote from: DaveTN on March 25, 2007, 02:14:58 PM

David

If you want "double Vision", just knock yourself in the head a couple times . . .  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 25, 2007, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: DaveTN on March 25, 2007, 02:14:58 PM

David

If you want "double Vision", just knock yourself in the head a couple times . . .  ;D

H2O

Nah, my wife'll do it for me.  I saw a V Max on a trailer not long ago and said I was going to get one some day.  Ended up with double vision. :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Seem to be quite a few low mileage V-Maxes around.  I hear people buy one, go for a ride & scare themselves silly.  Then the bike sits, getting ridden from time to time mainly because the owner doesn't want to admit how scary fast they accelerate.  I'd like to get one someday, too.  Not normally a cruiser fan but that particular Power Cruiser is in a league by itself.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

i rode a friends v-max, just prior to stripping it down completely and sticking on over a thousand dollars worth of bling and farkles-
  to me, a v-max is a rolling accident,just waititng for the right rider .
like the hyabusa- it is too much power for a too short wheel base and best left to track use only .

i rode it on a long stretch of new highway, as yet unopened , with my state trooper buddy alongside on his 'busa.
1. i never found the end of the power band
2. it gets just as buzzy as a vision over 80
3.  i didnt have what it takes to run it all the way to the wind out.
and lastly: i dont need a v-max,,, my vision is ok for now,,,,,,,, until.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

kwells

The V-Max confuses me to be honest.  I know it has a claimed HP of 140 but at best that is at crank.  From what I've read it seems to put out 100-115 at RW.  Not to say at all that it isn't much HP but really that is hardly enough HP to send you scared for you life unless you are used to low HP bikes or maybe it is mostly Harley guys that arent used to 'quick' acceleration bikes. 
I have not ever ridden, just read what I can about them. I like the design and respect the engine specs.  But all the reviews seem to insert a blurb about how much insane power the bike has.  My sprint claims around 100 HP and I've never been 'scared' by the acceleration but it has put a smile on my face and leaves me wishing for a bit more. 
I am of the opinion that the V Max attracts those who want the image of fast.  These same people buy R1's and find that these things are actually fast and dont just look fast. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

haunter

I think the VMax makes alot more torque than the sprint, so it FEELS alot faster because of the giant kick in the ass it gives even down low
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

kwells

DId a little more research

Vmax pushes 80 ft lb@6000
sprint pushes 62@ 6200

so yeah it appears as though it is a torque thing
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com