News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

German E-bay

Started by Re-Vision, January 21, 2011, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

This is a semi-translation to English that I found interesting, some of our hard to find items might be available here. I think it would be a bit scary buying something from Europe without having a working knowledge of German. Anybody out there with experience in buying from Europe?   BDC

http://cgi.ebay.de/Yamaha-XZ-550-11U-11V-fuel-Tank-11H-24110-00-01-/140503246281?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item20b6a565c9#ht_834wt_1139

YellowJacket!

I bought my NOS never before used...still in the original Yamaha box tank from a german ebay seller a few years ago.  Everything went well except when I had to wire the seller some extra money to cover the shipping charges tot he US.  Didn't want to use paypal (probably for the transaction fees).  I was a bit nervous and it took a few weeks to arrive but it got here in perfect condition.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

Google translate works well.. also most of them can speak passable english... I bought a NOS tank and some other bits and pieces at a very reasonable price.
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

lexx790

I've looked at the site using google chrome web browser, it offers to translate the whole page, well most of it.

George R. Young

That's interesting. I've bought some stuff from eBay UK and looked at the France site, will have a look.

The Prophet of Doom

I buy stuff from Ebay USA all the time, and that's about a zillion miles away by boat.
The biggest problem I have is that many people can't be arsed filling in customs declarations forms so refuse to ship overseas.  That and the postage costs for heavy items.  Otherwise it's just as easy as buying locally, and often a bit cheaper as it is tax exempt.