News:

Main Menu

pack rack in nz

Started by nzvision, August 08, 2013, 03:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzvision

hi all.   im after a pack rack (or luggage rack for those among us who like big words  ;)  ).   im in wellington and heading to rotovegas next weekend (16th) so can pick it up in the way if any one has one. 

not to fussed on colour (chrome or black or red or blue i dont care ).

please pm me if you have one.   thanks guys
please start, please start.  Yippeee I won the lottery. my vision started.

The Prophet of Doom

The one I thought I had was a Ventura brand.  They are a modular system where you buy the legs for your bike, and then your choice of sport rack, pack rack etc. which are all standard.

These are made in Hamiltron (city of the future), New Zealand.  Ventura racks have been very popular here for 30 years - they are on just about every other bike in the country, and many overseas as well.  The XZ550 is still listed so there's a chance they are still in stock or will make to order.  Worth giving them a call.  Failing this, I have mine as a pattern - I could lend them to you to get manufactured locally.

The L Brackets are part # Y021/B
Pack-Rack   part # PF19/B

Dold Industries Limited
128-134 Maui Street, PO Box 10-393, Te Rapa, Hamilton, NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 7 849 4392,
Fax:      +64 7 849 4114

Alternatively I have a full Krauser luggage system for sale.  Rack, paniers and top box ready to fit on XZ.
I also have a pair of Shoei panniers for sale needs mounting brackets made up - fresh 2K paint white pearl
Let me know if you need pics and more details

nzvision

thanks roro.  might do that at work tomorrow.   

i need to get the bike running properly before i fork out the big bikkies on luggage systems :-)
please start, please start.  Yippeee I won the lottery. my vision started.