News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

I'm still here and like reading the stuff!

Started by akvision, July 15, 2010, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

Just got back from a trip to BC.. went to Kitimat, Stewart/Hyder, Smithers.  Road every bit of paved road we could find.. My Harley Charlie buddy had a sore butt... Lots of wild life.. big and little bears brown, big bears black, big and little moose, wolf, fox, grouse and quail.. camp robbers... was fun.. including the 10 miles of logging road to the ski hill.  One of the 10 best roads in my experience is the road to Hyder, AK.  A very different town..wild, rough and ready,,"government stay away!" kindofplace.

After I got home.. I discovered my rear aluminum wheel was failing.. cracking on the spokes..  ridehardputawaywet!

I just wanted to share..

AkVision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Raj1988

Rub it in why don't you... have  you got a blog/picasa/photo bucket where we can view all your pics
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

johnclemens

Cool!
I got Hyderized 10 years ago. I think I'm still hung over. :-X

Kiwi

Does that gas sign say $108?
Maybe i've been in the US too long...
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

vadasz1

Rob is right.  Gas in Canada is freaking expensive compared to you Yankees.  Here in the Toronto area right now it is at $1.02.4 .  Since 1US gallon = 3.785412 liters I wonder how much you guys are paying per liter as a comparison.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

QBS

In Houston right now regular is going for $2.47 a gallon.  If my math isn't too wrong, that works out to $0.6472214 per liter.

h2olawyer

Actually, we are probably paying a similar cost for the gasoline itself.  The difference is the taxes.  Posting the price without separating out the taxes is a way to hide how much governments are really taking from the folks.  It used to be a state law in Colorado that required stickers on the fuel pumps which stated how much tax per gallon was included in the price.  I haven't noticed if those are still in use.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

The Prophet of Doom

We are paying $US1.31 per litre for regular in New Zealand. 

vadasz1

I was in NZ a few times and noticed that regular there is 91 octane while in North America it is 87 octane.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

The Prophet of Doom

No, it's just that we use a different octane measuring system

America publishes the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) (average of Motor Octane Number and Research Octaner Number)
The rest of the world publish the Research Octane number only.

87 AKI is identical to 91 RON

Sometimes I think Americans get some sort of perverse pleasure in being different than everyone else

akvision

Yup, gas is expensive in remote Canada.. it is worth it...so breath taking..

Here is my link to my trip pictures...

http://picasaweb.google.com/usa584/MCTrips#

I enjoyed it.  New wheels are coming.. was able to snag a front and back with brand new M. Lasertec's for $425.    I figure net $85 per spoked wheel, allowing 125 for each tire and mounting.... good deal.

AkVision
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"

inanecathode

Quote from: roro on July 16, 2010, 11:38:23 PM

Sometimes I think Americans United Statesians get some sort of perverse pleasure in being different than everyone else
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

akvision

RORO gets it right.

We are different... Remember it is written in to our Constitution... "The persuit of Happiness!"  What a "Vision".. :)
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"

Brian Moffet

Quote from: akvision on July 18, 2010, 10:41:44 PM
RORO gets it right.

We are different... Remember it is written in to our Constitution... "The persuit of Happiness!"  What a "Vision".. :)

The pursuit of happiness is not in our constitution.  It is in the Declaration of Independence.  They're not the same.

inanecathode

Quote from: akvision on July 18, 2010, 10:41:44 PM
RORO gets it right.

I dunno though, AK is sort of[ in the US...
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

akvision

So true,,, I should know my heritage better.. I am glad someone is paying attention... as for Alaska it is far far away.
What a bargain at 7 mil.   I like the persuit of happiness thing..  like flying on the ground.
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"