News:

Main Menu

back to work tomorrow

Started by iain, January 15, 2011, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

Christmas holidays are over tomorrow and back to work...
Ok ..  which one of you guys has the idea of the century where I can stay at home and work, and it has to be legal and even though prostitution is legal here I'm not doing that, actually its probably not that bad.???????
Iain
NZ

fret not

Make something that has a market.  Vision valve adjusting tools, Vision fuel tanks, chocolates, wine, guitars, cutting boards, letter openers, knives, art, or . . . . . .  ? :D

What are you qualified to do?  As a self employed business person I can tell you it is probably easier to make a living working for someone else. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

ShaneSpring

How about power station operator, 4 on 4 off. It's like having a long weekend every week  ;D
Except I might have forgotten that I worked through xmas/new year..... someone has to keep the lights on I guess.   :(

akvision

+1 on self employment..

Find a need and fill it.

Being self-employed, is scary, and fun all at the same time.  You carry all the risk of success or failure.  When you don't work you don't get paid.  Try to pick a profession that is hard to duplicate... sometimes the endeavour takes years of persistence.

If you do it right the real payoff comes when you get too old to do it any more and that is when your making the biggest bucks.

The joy is in doing it right and having successfully helping people and....... getting paid well.

So, find you special place ... find the need and fill it!

akvision, Ketchikan, Alaska
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

The Prophet of Doom

You can make money from sex without peddling your pretty arse down Manchester street.   I heard that education and sex account for 1/3 of the Internet economy each, so definately the way to go.
You could:
Start up an industry training organisation (and receive government funding) for training prostitutes
Make and sell training videos for women who find it hard to reach orgasm, men who find it hard to chat up women in pubs, men anxious about doing it backwards for the first time...

The possibilities are endless - and all stuff you know about

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska