News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Shmohawk

Started by Lucky, February 14, 2012, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Spectre: Dad! what do you think of my helmet mohawk?
Me: You look like a big french tickler!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

fret not

I was wondering where my shop broom got to. :D
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Re-Vision

Remember me telling you about the kid I saw riding a sport bike in downtown Ft. Worth with a red Roman plume on his helmet, a back protector, and arm guards without a shirt on. Looks like your boy has a little flair for style also. Looks cool to me, ride careful.     BDC

Rikugun

Well, at least he'll be noticed in traffic. Consider it a safety device  :)  ;D

Just be sure to have him ride at least 15 car lengths back so no one thinks he's with you!  :o  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

Looks a bit gay to me.  Is there something you want to tell us Spectre?

Lucky

No doubt it'll help visibility.. (Hello Officer! lol) I wonder about wind noise though..

As to what I think of it?..lets just say I know i did things when i was younger that made my parents shake their head...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rikugun

Wind noise, hmmmm....   I didn't consider windy days......

Holy Crap!  What if Spectre encounters a strong cross wind!? Why, the wee lad will be blown over in a heartbeat. Don't do it Spectre, you have so much to live for!  :o  :D  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Night Vision

I've never seen one,

on the road,

around these parts

to each his own.... but me thinks peer pressure will determine how long he wears it   :laugh:
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

spectre

Hahaha, I knew we there would be mixed views   ;D
I really like it, and the motto I have is, "I didn't buy it for YOU." lol I mostly got it for fun, I realize it may look a little squiddy lol.
My friends think its the greatest thing since sliced bread lol,
Go figure. ::)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Rikugun

QuoteI really like it, and the motto I have is, "I didn't buy it for YOU."

Good for you Spectre, I can respect that.  :)

kiawrench

hmmm shmohawk.....  ok for anyone other than me .. Lucky ,,be glad it is on helmet, not the offspring.

but truth said - it does get more driver notice , so watch for speeding car sliding by with occupants laffin to beat the band.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Re-Vision

Last summer I asked one of my grandsons why he had a mohawk, his answer was "Because I can". I can't.     BDC

Rick G

I can't do a mohawk , I have a 4 inch part in the middle of my head!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Rikugun

I see a business opportunity here....

I'm going to open a chain of hair restoration centers "Mohawak Club For Men". I of course will be a customer as well as the president. :o

spectre

Lol I think something is backwards here I'm 17 and I don't have one1 xD
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress