News:

Main Menu

Smoke free 15 days now

Started by Lucky, May 02, 2009, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

the wife & I both quit smoking over 2 weeks ago.
i now know i can go longer on a ride than one of H2O's stators  ;D ;D ;D ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Great Job!!!! Hang in there and let me know if you need any help.  I can always stop by Ace and pick up a BFH and knock you over the head if you start again.  ;-)

I have less than one week of school left so if you need to work out any frustrations by going on a long ride let me know. Gas is on me! ....um, let me clarify that a bit....up to 2 tanks worth.  I'm not up to riding out to visit Brian, Rick or Rob just yet....

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

8) Good for you both Lucky... 8) I went from three packs a day (4 on Friday!!) to zero, over night!! Cold turkey, no patches, etc... :o That was fourteen years ago ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Congrats, Lucky! 
I tried to get my kids not to smoke . I told them they could smoke in the house , but could not exhale! or better yet,  they had to keep the burning end in their mouth ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My son still smokes and I take every opportunity to bitch at him. My daughter (a Nurse)  was told by her Doctor to quit , but my son-in -law still smokes. Can't be easy for her.
ME, I quit when I was 19 years old. Too cheep to pay 25 cents a pack!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kenny

Excellent Lucky!!
     Dorothy & I quite in 1980 but we almost killed ea other we were so Ornery! But it all passes and food starts tasting better lots of +'sss.
                                Cheers Ken S. :)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

I had a chest xray two months ago , so I'm still good  ::)

I'll probably start my quitting program in June...

I've almost stopped drinking so the smoking is next

I'll probably get a prescription for Chantrix... I hear the only side affects are lucid dreams....

I don't know what a lucid dream is... but it sounds like fun  :D

WAY TO GO LUCKY!!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I need to do it this year too.. Lucid dreams huh?? Does sound like fun...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

fiddlesticks

Good 4 u Lucky. You can do it! Im 2 years now. It will get easier.  ;D
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

h2olawyer

Good job on getting that monkey off your back!  I need to quit my tobacco habit.  At least mine doesn't pollute the air . . .  ::)

I think I've got the stator life extended.  Will find out on the ride to Kingman & back later this month!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

hang in there Lucky,,, every smoker that quits is more inspiration for me to do so also .

am working on it, right now am down to smoking but not buying --- so my "supply " has to run out soon,,,, then am going to just drop them .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

musicweb

Good for you Lucky! If you need a substitute, chew on toothpicks.
That's what I did over 11 years ago now.
Quit on my birthday....cold turkey.
It gets easier....although there are still times when I reach for my pocket!  ::)
1982 XZ550 Vision
Most upgrades done... and a large pizza paint job!