Rambo Granny in Australia - gotta love'em Australian Grannies!

Started by YellowJacket!, July 23, 2009, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Jedi

Loves to over think things.

Walt_M.

Anyone who wants to pay more taxes should just send more money to the IRS, they won't send it back.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian Moffet

And anyone who doesn't want to pay enough taxes shouldn't call the police when they're being robbed, or the fire department when their house is on fire...

Kid Jedi

So we should be intelligent people, taking safe and sane precautions to protect ourselves and loved ones, not relying entirely on a government agency to be responsible for us? Ya know be accountable?

Accountability, that sounds.. Un-American!

Walt_M.

Does that mean that people who pay zero tax should have no government services?
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian Moffet

Nope, that's we we try to have a progressive tax system, so that people who cannot afford to pay taxes are not penalized for being too poor. 

If you want to see what happens when that doesn't work, look to France in the 1780s.

Brian

Kid Jedi

I am willing to pay the government for services i don't want to do. I do not want to pave 20 feet of hi way each year, I want some help when I light my shop on fire, And I want a piece officer with a loaded gun to show up at my daughters school if if a man with a AK-47 decides to interrupt reading time, (ya know that actually happens in other countries D:  ) And I want some one to organize some kind of public education system so my children can get a better education than I can give them by my self, Like a group Health care system, fer yer brain, and free healthcare. I am willing to pay 30% of my income to get that. If it is a really good health care system i will even pay more! if it is the best schools in the world i will pay 1/2!

hell 1/2 of my income already goes to that, why not make a unified system?

but i really don't want to pay for any more wars...

kwells

QuoteYou see, I don't understand this statement.  The military has a whole lot more firepower than any civilian militia can muster up.  We are no longer at the point where the weapons used by normal citizens can match the power of the military weapons.  There is no way that we would be able to "fight my own for my country back".  While I can probably build something small, there is no way I can produce a tomahawk or similar to take down a jet.  I would not want to try to go against the A-10 firepower...

so true.  The empty arguement of owning guns to protect against military is lunacy.  Only if we had anti aircraft, radar, tanks, and communication systems would it be something to rely on in that situation. 

Nobody is trying to take US guns away but there is a large segment of the population that won't hear that and are stockpiling weapons regardless. Of course all for personal use and hunting.  AK-47's and assault rifles are extremely effective when hunting deer. 

Oh yeh...I have a gun in my apt. but it's stowed in a case and away from its ammo.  I'm not waiting for some intruder to break in just so I can unload a clip or two. 

The interpretation of the 2nd amendment is loaded with buzz phrases meant to polarize the citizens of this country.  Divide and conquer.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

The Prophet of Doom

I don't know about that.  The people of Afghanistan have proven what people committed to saving their own country can do.  The Russians couldn't shut them down, and now neither can the Yanks - at least till they kill every last one of them.  I know that they have had external munitions supplied in both cases, but there is no shortage of people willing to provide anyone with arms.

kwells

rifles and IEDs is about all you need to take out some enemy. It is hardly what would be considered a match though.  Guerrilla tactics is the only game you'd have.  So we need to make it legal to own C4 then.

www.wellsmoto.com

Kid Jedi

hell if everyone owned a gun i would think twice about robbing some poor old lady! I don't think owning guns is a right, but a privilege, much like a DL.

For every gun nut there are 3 crazy liberals that would rather bash said gun nut, than come up with a good solution.

The constitution is written so that any one can do or be anything they want in this country, so long as it does not infringe upon anyone else's rights. if joe six-pack wants to have a AK-47,, hunting rifle, and pistol, I would not mind, hell i would love to come over and look at em, he would have some cool stories I am sure, But taking those guns away from him because i am scare of what he could do? or because he dosen't have what I would call a good reason for having them?

That is just plain wrong.

kwells

with that rationale...anyone who wanted anything for any reason would have the right.  Hmmm I'd like to own some heat seeking missiles.

www.wellsmoto.com

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

funkamongus

Ive started to write on this one a few times but didnt.. My thinking is this. Times are going to get worse. Lots worse. As will crime. I can protect myself without a gun,, but Im trained. I believe if every household had a gun, and training on it, including the children, thieves would be at a loss for what to do. They'd have to get a job. As the old saying goes,, when the guns are outlawed,, only outlaws will have guns. How can that be good for us and not the outlaws????
I own:

kwells

as far as I know...just about anyone can own a gun.  Nobody is taking them away.  Some people don't want guns.  That is also their right.  A gun in the house does not mean you are safe from an intruder.   It's your right as a citizen of this country to be paranoid of impending doom but not everyone will share your exuberance.

www.wellsmoto.com

funkamongus

So, now youre going to tell me Im paranoid?? A) You dont know me. B) youd be surprised how many people share my exuberance.
I own:

kwells

it is paranoid(maybe a healthy dose) to be waiting for that break in.  I'm paranoid of left turners in front of me.

www.wellsmoto.com

funkamongus

of cages,, ok I AM paranoid!! LOL  as the infamous "THEY" also said.. just because youre paranoid, does NOT mean they're NOT after you!!! In terms of driving on the road with cages.. couldnt be more true! LOL
PS I have the best security ever.. I have a tiny studio cabin. The houses around me are worth over a million dollars each.. McMansions in Tahoe.. I stayed small. Ive managed to survive because of it,, but they're all losing their homes and Im still here.. and if a robber/invader came by here.. he wouldnt look twice at my place. He'd certailnly be drooling over some of these McMansions, though!!
I own:

YellowJacket!

I am all for gun control.  My pistol team coach and my rifle team coach preached it all the time.  I recite it to myself often.  "sight allignment....trigger control...center up, breathe out, squeeze gently".  Pow! Pow! Pow!  Two to the chest, one to the head..every time. (paper targets of course).  How about a nice 5 shot group from a pistol.
Gun control is the ability to hit your INTENDED target. 

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)