News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

You know you ride a Yamaha Vision when....

Started by xswheels, September 04, 2009, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xswheels

You check your battery voltage 5 times a week.

Go ahead and add to it.

YellowJacket!

LOL.. I check it every time I start my bike!

You know you own a Yamaha when you can change out a stator in under 5 minutes!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

funkamongus

when you can change out a stator up against a tree, with out doing an oil change, you probably own a vision!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Kojo

When you discover you're the first rider of the bike since 1985.
Younger, but just as smart. Really.

YellowJacket!

YellowJacket!

When you start your very first post off with "I found this bike that had been sitting outside for about 12 years...."

David

The Prophet of Doom

When the dealer bursts out laughing when you try to order a spare part

Tiger

:-\ When you realise that there is NO SUCH THING as a free/cheap Vision, period!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

When you mention to a dealer that you rebuilt the carbs, and he asks if you want a job...

YellowJacket!

Good one Brian.

I might also add:

When you have enough extra parts to make another complete bike.

When you have a starter "rock"....or know what one is.  :-)

David

kiawrench

if boxes arrive at your house from multiple countries, and they all say "used motorcycle parts"  you might own a vision

if you posses more tech data on your bike than the dealer ever saw--- chances are , you own a vision

if you build a cement block bike garage on the side of the house in case of hurricaines-- you just may own a vision ( mine will hold three)

if you wife uses your laptop and gets confused by the rov home page- you own a vision
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

If the ROV Homepage IS your homepage.  :)

David

kiawrench

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dcsob

...you  decide to take off, dip and check your carbs because it isnt running just so without a second thought. Then while your at it surf ebay for a second pair to dip,just in case.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations'

fiddlesticks

Quote from: roro on September 05, 2009, 07:49:46 PM
When the dealer bursts out laughing when you try to order a spare part

haha or when he says "get rid of it. Sell it as quick as you can or you will regret it " lmao
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

YellowJacket!

or when you tell teh dealer you have a Vision and they respond with "running?".

Then you show them and they say, "Wow, I haven't seen one of those in over 15 years....looks pretty good too."

David

lexx790

you only type 2 letter in the ebay search .....XZ

dcsob

You start rewinding your own stators.
Now that, is a hard core Vision owner. Was that funk or kid jedi? Maybe its more of you than we think.
Think about that for a minute.
You decide to rewind it , how many people outside of an electric motor shop would even consider it?
I even asked a local shop how much, he just shook his head and said no thanks. Even after I said he'ld have plenty of work.
Then asked a buddy who's an E/E about it and he said it would be doable, even for me. Uhm, thanks, I think.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations'

Re-Vision

When my stator went south in 1982, I was working for a transformer company and had access to most anything needed to rewind the stator.  Yamaha replaced the stator under warranty and I kept extra wiring at home for years.  Rewinding a stator by hand is too time consuming and fraught with enough potential problems that I wouldn't even consider doing it today.  Don't know if I'm getting lazier or smarter.  Who cares, do what you enjoy.  BDC