XZ550 Sidecover Badges (Reproduction)

Started by The Prophet of Doom, December 01, 2009, 03:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Recently I recieved my sidecover badges from www.badgereplicas.com.au.  These guys manufacture and carry a lot of vintage badges, including the Yamaha tank badge found on our bikes (YT10 - in stock).  Nice to see people supporting older machines.

It's taken about a year to get them as he is having isssues with his manufacturers and I had to sacrifice my best spare,  but they are done now so probably still in stock if you want any.  Personally I think it was a pretty average job compared to other reproductions I have seen from them.  The buffing on the gold is inconsistent, and the background has bubbles.  Still, they are better than what I had, and far better than a nekkid sidecover.

If you are contemplating getting some, don't expect perfection, though no problems with delivery etc...  This is what they look like close up ...

inanecathode

If one was perfection minded, i wouldnt think it'd take long to fill in the bubbles on the background and repaint it.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Night Vision

hmmmm, cast metal alloy eh?

too bad it didn't come out like one of his other pieces:

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

I'd like to have some made

xz33 5/8 cu in for he tank of the bobber project bike.