News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

speaking of cold winters... Glove recommendations.

Started by Brian Moffet, November 09, 2009, 08:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

I currently have a very old pair of Hein Gericke winter gauntlets that the probably don't make any more, but they're getting pretty beat up. (stitching is coming loose.)

recommendations?

Thanks,
Brian

kiawrench

brian,, gloves are gloves ,are gloves -- just ask OJ.    not in anyone's wildest dreams

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Structural-Fire-Fighter-UL-Rated-Suede-Work-Gloves_W0QQitemZ230378097276QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Security_Fire_Protection?hash=item35a39aca7c

brian, copy that e-bay link, go check out the firefighter gloves on that page .  you can order by size, and color ,,, for under 20.00 - a deal in anyone's book -

those same gloves are being sent overseas to US troops for cold weather use now ,as they provide better wear and protection than standard issue duty gloves. were popular with blackwater teams too . but let's not go that direction .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Cdnlouie

Gerbing (www.gerbing.com) is using a brand new military spec product called microwire that heats up faster and is very thin allowing for a whole new line of heated apparel.  I have an older set from Widder (who is out of business now) but am keeping my eye on the new stuff from Gerbing.  I would like to replace vest and gloves with the new full sleeve liner and their new gloves which have to be pretty nice.  Using heated clothing is amazing and liberating as you just don't worry about the cold and start to enjoy the fall weather.  I believe in making good use of all that shunted amperage the Vision puts out and shunt it to my torso & hands.  For the first time every you will start appreciating  :D the "V" stator rather than saying evil things  >:( about it.

Cheers mates!  ;) Plug it it!

artbone

I'm with cdnlouie on this. I bought a Gerbing heated jacket and glove liners for my trip to Prudhoe Bay 4 years ago and, in the winter, I don't leave home without them. They really take the pain out of riding in cold weather and with the thermostat I can dial in the exact heat I want. When it warms up I can either take it off or turn it off.

WAY better than heated grips, heated seat or any kind of insulated gloves you can buy.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650