News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Yamaha Dealers/Stealers

Started by ShaneSpring, February 21, 2010, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneSpring

*rant start*
I couldn't believe what price the dealers stealers want for a set of front brake pads here in NZ....
The guy behind the desk said $128nz which I thought was a bit steep, then he said each side....
$256nz for a set of brake pads..... what a rip off!!!!! oh and they are ex japan so a two week wait.
*rant over*

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

treedragon

Utter rip off!!!! No question

I've a memory like a sieve with a hole in it here at this point in time, for reasons I won't go into, but I paid in the order of.................. hmmmmmmm CONSIDERABLY less than that, more in the order of NZ$50 - $60 a pair

Will get part numbers and price tomorrow from work............

Feel free to remind me, it's after midnight here and I thought it was around 9.00pm so there are hints re: memory dept.

funkamongus

TD, I think I as agreeing with you, but I forgot why...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

ShaneSpring

Thanks for the link tiger  ;D, with freight it worked out just over $40nz which is awesome when compared to what the local yamaha stealer wanted.

funkamongus

I love this forum and those like it for exactly this, this is how the "free market" is supposed to work.. charge someone insane money, lose your business, simple. Charge reasonable prices, people come back, and tell their friends too. LOVE IT!   
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

jim328

I only go to the dealer here in NZ as an absolute last resort, cannot believe some of the prices. I paid $76.00NZ for an accelarator pump diapraghm the other day but had no option. Luckily here in Christchurch there are two aftermarkets parts suppliers that do ok deals for parts like levers and brake pads. I paid $45.00 total for aftermarket front pads both sides and the most i would have paid was $100.00 for better quality (which I should have got). I got quoted $236.00NZ for caliper seal kit but got them for a fraction of the price from HVCycle.com.

Tiger

Quote from: ShaneSpring on February 22, 2010, 11:00:25 AM
Thanks for the link tiger ;D, with freight it worked out just over $40nz which is awesome when compared to what the local yamaha stealer wanted.

:) Your very welcome...I've had no problems with them...as a company or their products 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

The Prophet of Doom

I always check the dealer first - it;s ot all bad news
I got a genuine cluch cable from dealer for $39 incl GST and delivery ex Japan.  Over $140 to get one built locally. 

Hard to figure out how the prices work.