News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Carb manifolds...

Started by Tiger, March 04, 2010, 05:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I have been asked, on several occasions, about the availability of the rubber carb manifolds...the ones that go between the carbs and the cylinder heads...that eventually, over time, crack up to varying degrees, which can lead to air leaks :o

In most cases, these can be "fixed" by a simple good clean and a couple of coats of liquid electrical tape. However, you do need to replace them at some point... ::)

They are available (new after market) at:

Zdeno Cycle, contact Jack on the front desk. They are around $55.00 (Canadian) a pair  8)

Phone # (519) 745-7010
Fax # (519) 745-7019

www.zdenocycle.ca

8)........TIGER........ 8)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

vadasz1

Still cheaper than Fleabay.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

Oh and you are also supporting a local wrecker/supplier which is a good thing these days.  Not too many motorcycle wreckers in Toronto.  So having one only 5 minutes away Raj is a GOOD thing.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on March 04, 2010, 12:11:51 PM
67.something with TAX

:) Oooo.K...but we do have to pay tax on new products...and sixty-odd dollars to replace twentyeight year old parts isn't that bad a deal... ::) Less than $2.50 a year... ::) ::)
Tell me when you find a local suppler, selling new, that has a lot better pricing...until then, I guess you will be keeping the old ones that leak on your Vision mate...LOL

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Raj1988

never said it was too much. Just adding more info to the thread. I got me a set a few weeks ago waiting for the shiny carbs from Canadian_lou !!! Thanks for the tip Tiger
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

kev10104

Inflation is a bitch.They probably only cost $2.00 way back then.But to last this long is well worth it.I happened to stumble upon a pair which will be put to good use.

fret not

If the statement is correct in the OP that is 'per pair', not too bad, especially compared to OEM parts which are next to nonexistent and significantly more expensive.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

sunburnedaz

There is a local granger here in Phoenix and they sell a polyurethane rubber kit where you you make a mold and add X of A and Y of B then pour it in your mold and 24 hours later you have a rubber part. I have toyed with the idea of doing that for a while but never got the time and money at the same time and now that the silver bike is running on the other set of boots my friend found I didn't really need to fool with it. But should the need ever arise for new boots that it what I will do.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Tiger

Quote from: fret nut on March 05, 2010, 01:50:39 AM
If the statement is correct in the OP that is 'per pair', not too bad, especially compared to OEM parts which are next to nonexistent and significantly more expensive.

:) Per pair is correct... 8)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on March 05, 2010, 07:08:06 AM
Quote from: fret nut on March 05, 2010, 01:50:39 AM

:) Per pair is correct... 8)

Then that is not bad at all since I paid $45.00 (US) each for mine a few years ago.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)