News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

OK, so this is a bit strange

Started by YellowJacket!, June 14, 2010, 09:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Used to live in Lubbock TX and there was so much natural fluoride in the city water supply that many who've drank it all their lives have prominent brown stains on their teeth.    BDC

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on June 20, 2010, 05:36:20 AM
Raw egg whites?  How do they end up in Margaritas?   ???

I only mentioned the flouride because one of the counties down here has a big debate going on about it.  They think the flourine is bad for you and want the city to stop adding it to the water.

Different drink, but the idea of something "bad" for you being in something good.

Yeah, I always like it when they say that fluoride is used as rat poison.  They didn't like it when I pointed out that if you take the ratio of fluoride in rat poison to fluoride in water, and drank that much water compared to a normal glass you would die as well.

Brian

YellowJacket!

Actually the rat poison I know of is made with Warfarin (coumadin)- a commonly prescribed blood thinner - sawdust, oats and ground glass.  The rats eat the dried oats and sawdust mix with the groound glass and blood thinner.  They then drink water and the blood thinner gets "activated" as the mix travels through the digestive tract where the glass then lacerates the intestines and the blood thinner causes them to die of and acute gastro intestinal bleed. yuck.

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

yeah, but are you still hearing voices?...

I got DSL last week & the wireless adapter on one PC picks up the cordless phone & plays them thru the PC speakers...lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Lucky on June 20, 2010, 08:10:58 PM

I got DSL last week & the wireless adapter on one PC picks up the cordless phone & plays them thru the PC speakers...lol
Try changing the channel on either you wireless or your cordless phone.   They are probably both 2.4G so need setting manually

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on June 20, 2010, 08:10:58 PM

Yup.  Interesting thing is that it is more noticible on cloudy days.  Probably from a bounced signal.

Great that you have DSL now....you'll be posting more.  :-)

David

Lucky

new problem: everytime we use the cordless phone, it interupts the dsl, even the hardwired pc's..  gotta  go into its router & try different canels, or hardwire the wireless pc & disable the wireless...

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on June 22, 2010, 10:03:33 PM
new problem: everytime we use the cordless phone, it interupts the dsl, even the hardwired pc's..  gotta  go into its router & try different canels, or hardwire the wireless pc & disable the wireless...

Not exactly your problem.  Your DSL provider should have given you "choke" dongles - or DSL filters to hook up to each of your phones to prevent that from happening.
I had the same problem.  I hooked up the filtes to all the phones but was still losing my DSL connection.  I had forgotten about the DVR on my satellite dish and the alarm system in my home. After hooking up one to the DVR and hardwiring another into the alarm system everything worked perfectly.
The filter looks something like a little rectangular box a couple inches long with a phone jack on one end and a pigtail on the other that plugs into the wall outlet.  Your DSL provider is supposed to give them to you for free.

***The only one you DO NOT connect a filter to is the line that goes into your DSL modem.

Hope that helps

David

Lucky

That was it. i did install the filters when i set it up, but i basicly have 2 jacks in the house & they branched off to 4 computers, 2 phones & the printer (hp all-in-one).  i had only put one filter on each line.  this morning i put one on each device (not the modem, i know that, lol) & "all is right again"

--L

kiawrench

gee whiz-- here we are, all this new technology,and by the time we can use it correctly our house begins to look like the back room of Emmet's Fix-it shop!!

i counted it all up - it takes:
22 cords and cables to run my computer
8 to run in house phone
7 for cell phones
16 for tv w sound sys
16 total for home stereo system
8 for lamps
2 for clocks
4 for alarm system
2 for my work bench
and only god knows to run the kitchen(not my area)

and now my wife wants to get a cat--- like i dont have trouble enough with wires getting all tangled up

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

vadasz1

kia: are you sure she said cat or does she want another pussy around the house.  8)  jk
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

inanecathode

Quote from: YellowJacket! on June 22, 2010, 10:30:26 PM
Quote from: Lucky on June 22, 2010, 10:03:33 PM
new problem: everytime we use the cordless phone, it interupts the dsl, even the hardwired pc's..  gotta  go into its router & try different canels, or hardwire the wireless pc & disable the wireless...

Not exactly your problem.  Your DSL provider should have given you "choke" dongles - or DSL filters to hook up to each of your phones to prevent that from happening.
I had the same problem.  I hooked up the filtes to all the phones but was still losing my DSL connection.  I had forgotten about the DVR on my satellite dish and the alarm system in my home. After hooking up one to the DVR and hardwiring another into the alarm system everything worked perfectly.
The filter looks something like a little rectangular box a couple inches long with a phone jack on one end and a pigtail on the other that plugs into the wall outlet.  Your DSL provider is supposed to give them to you for free.

***The only one you DO NOT connect a filter to is the line that goes into your DSL modem.

Hope that helps

David

Lol, you said dongle.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////