took grand daughter to zoo today

Started by kiawrench, July 03, 2010, 06:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

took my lil one out to the zoo to see animals close up,, lot of "petting zoo" things to see and feed . came across something i found scary .
 these people have a group of 4 ligers, as well as the lions,tigers, etc in the cat section, and they are just walking around on leashes!   one is almost 1000 lbs! his head is to big to put through a vision tire !(you could, but i would not want to be holding it ) this things head is about 4 to five inches to big to slide into a tire without forcing it !

guy said today it takes over 300 lbs of meat per liger per week to keep them happy, more during colder weather. no wonder they ask 30 per person at the gate for adults!he did say that a lot of local farmers donate  "cull stock" to the feeding program,and volunteers are always welcome at dietary division. NOT ME !   my luck, i would be dinner in my first week .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Yeah, I have this unnerving fear of elephants.... seen too many 'animals gone wild' videos & now i won't go to the circus.  zoos i'll go to as long as there is a canyon between me & the elephant...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

my first one has same fear of clowns- cant even stand them in a photo-- long story, but short version is ,while stationed in Europe , circus clown grabbed her hand and tried to dance with her in big circles ,, has been afraid of them since.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Rick G

When i was 19 I took a week off work to help load kids on an elephant at a carnival. on the last day I got to ride the elephant !  She was a sweety and loved peanuts.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike