News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Problem Posting Pictures

Started by Re-Vision, July 05, 2010, 03:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

I capture pictures off the internet sometimes that I would like to post on ROV but I don't know how. I see two problems, where to send my copy and paste pictures for storage on my computer and how to make them the type and size that can be posted on the ROV forum. Anyone smart enough to explain how to an ignorant computer illiterate?  Thanks to any and everyone willing to try.    BDC

YellowJacket!

The way most of us do it - or at least I do, is to seet up a free account at photobucket.  www.photobucket.com
The have a link that allows you to upload your photos to the photobucket site and provide a relatively decent allotment of storage space.  Once you upload the pictures you want to post on websites, you hoover your mouse pointer over the pictures in photobucket and a  menu appears.  One of the choices is "insert html".  All i do is right click on that and choose "copy" then go to my post in ROV and put the cursor where I want my picture to be, right click and choose paste.  You will see a bunch of html code in your post, but when you submit the post, the picture will appear in the post.
Did that make any sense? ....too long a day at work and too many margaritas afterwards

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

The Prophet of Doom

I wrote a short tutorial
http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=11081.0

If you need to know more let me know and I will expand