News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

The evil EPA and V drivability.

Started by QBS, August 09, 2010, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

I read your other post first (with the pdf) and commented there but let me say again thanks for the great info. Always good to have the perspective of an "insider"!
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

Very good info, especially the accelerator pump rod length. Somebody on another post suggested making the adjustment in 1/2 turn increments. The 10mm range of adjustment makes that a little tedious. One of the 'stumble cures' I used on my '83 was a 3-4 turn adjustment(longer than stock) and carb synch.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Night Vision

Quote from: Re-Vision on August 21, 2010, 02:40:57 PM
dpequip,Do I understand that the Vision stumble can be eliminated (assuming everything is clean and functioning properly) by adjusting the accelerator pump adjustment rod length until the stumble goes away? Will the carbs need re-synching after each accelerator pump adjustment?    BDC

boy, that would be nice huh? lenghtening the pump rod is part of getting rid of the stumbles and is part of the flapper mod directions post in the tech section....

hmmm I wonder what lenghtening the pump rod does ??????

oh!, maybe it gives her some more gas?   ::) like I've been saying.. . feed me

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Re-Vision

I would think that lengthening the rod would cause earlier fuel injection into the carb throat when going to full throttle, the adjustment would be to provide fuel at the exact time needed to prevent stumble from too much or too little gas when accelerating. Just from observing the fuel being pumped into the carb, I would guess that the amount of full sprayed is nearly the same each time.     BDC

The Prophet of Doom

In the airbox manual, it states that lengthening the rod is for USA and Canada models only.
Perhaps the Euro Australasian models already set longer. I guess we will never know.