News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New Zealand Spring Ride

Started by The Prophet of Doom, September 01, 2010, 09:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Who's up for a New Zealand spring ride in late October.
Last year we had a small trip Christchurch to Akaroa with 2 x XZ550s, 2 x XZ400s and 1 other.  Can we do better this year?

AdvRich

Beautiful country and pic mate. I lived over in 'Stralia in '06/'07 and on the way back to the States I thought I'll kick myself if I dont' stop over for a visit as I may not get back down that way so easily again. So I did and toured the South Island for a week in a small campervan.... still brings a smile when I think of all the great spots inland and along the coasts - a beautiful country and people. I checked into bike rental, but the budget was strapped already... someday I'll get back down and do some two wheel touring and soak in the hot springs.

We're passing through Autumn at the moment up here and had the first hard freeze last night. The Viz fairing and heat extend the season a bit which is nice, but the days of this Northern season are coming to a close. Love to see some pics and RR if ya have sometime to share after the ride. Cheers, Rich

treedragon

I've just seen this post, any plans so far???

Long weekend coming up here in NZ and the Greymouth Street Races on the Sunday, I wasn't going to go down just for them despite the fact Our shop has a a bike racing but a longer ride just might be the bee's knees, ie Christchurch first....... (for me), it appeals and could include the street races................. thoughts?  I'm budget limited except for fuel for any distance  ;D

I have two new tyres sitting waiting for the last few hundred k's to go by......... and....... and........ by the weekend I hope to have the R1 front discs on the bike married to some FZR400 4 pot calipers so I sort of need this ride............... Not to mention I have put a Ducati SuperLight rear fairing on the bike and I just know it needs some k's to bed in.............

Just in case anyone is wondering the current tail section (from a Ducati 996) can be interchanged with the modified SuperLight tail section in a round 60 seconds......... Why two tail sections you ask? Well as things transpired I am going to need a pillion seat............. I also need a solo seat........... I tend to fiddle with things and the requirement for a pillion seat gave me just that opportunity................

Anyway back to the ride................
I for one could well be a starter  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

treedragon

........... and I need to hang off the camera a bit which implies having something to photograph and on this occasion bikes would be good...........

The Prophet of Doom

I've moved to the North Island, but down in Christchurch for the long weekend.  Happy to have visitors, though the bike is not going to be going anywhere.  Still need to find a way of fixing up my tank, and reg is on hold while I'm away  :-(

Iain and I live only 15 minutes apart, so we can have a get-together