News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Rear swing arm bearings 101.....

Started by Tiger, November 21, 2010, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Lucky, is it possible - even likely that they have changed their rubber compounds since you tried them in the 80s.  They are listed as dual compound, and I can't remember any talk about dual compound tyres back then.
Believe it or not these were the dearest tyre I could get in our sizes.  The bike shops here are not well stocked for anything older than 3 years.
Whatever other's experiences I am happy with the BT45s.  Unlike my michelin's previously, they don't track along tar seal seams which we have a lot of, and they don't turn in so fast.  Just a nice predictable ride.  Perhaps they just suit NZ roads which are made of volcanic rock chips.  I don't need a high performance tyre I don't ride in the wet, or the cold, and I seldom do over 100km/h

Oz Vision

A check of the date code on the BT's shows rear is a 2002 and front a 2004. This bike obviously sat for a long time.
1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Lucky

Roro, it was back in...2003 that i had BT's, but yes they are probably better now.  Oz, aren't you glad you checked? :)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Re-Vision

Now I can read what you say Rear Swing Arm Bearings rather than look at that other "Rear Swing".    BDC