News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

WOW. Pickup driver tries to KILL motorcyclists.

Started by spectre, May 29, 2011, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM&feature=player_embedded
All I can say is WOW. Some people need to be pushed off a cliff. I hope this dirtbag got caught.
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

makes me want to do things to the guy no child should witness thier parent doing to another human being...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

Heck, I think I would have started beating him, a biker in full gear (and most bike gloves have hard knuckles) against a guy in a wife beater? I don't think he'd have a chance against the both of them, even if he did get a swing in.

Lucky

2 wrongs boy...

Btw, what most of you don't know is that Specter & I have a lot of conversations here or on FB, even though we are often sitting in the same room, 12 feet apart, on seperate compluters...

YellowJacket!

Wow.  I see a lot wrong with that situation both on the part of the truck driver and the guys on the bikes.  Both are at fault and two wrongs don't make a right.  While it is obvious that the guy in the truck tried to run off several oncoming bikes in addition to chasing down the guy in front, the bikers are at fault too because their video clearly shows that they were driving a bit fast before they encountered the truck.  In addition, they confronted the guy in the truck and then egged him on by telling him they have him on video and he's going to jail.  IMHO, a guy in a truck with a 4-wheeler in the back will almost certainly have a rifle in there with him.  On a rural road in the middle of nowhere is a bad place to be with a pissed off redneck (I can say that because I'm from the south).

On the other hand, the first guy almost certainly had to stop because it was obvious that the trucker wasnt going to stop until one of them wrecked - either on their own, or the guy in the truck hit him, or one of them hit someone or something else.  Bad situation al around.

Could the guy on the second bike have stopped and called the police?  I'm not sure.  If it were me and, say you Lucky, riding together, my instinct would have been to stay with you because I don't know what could have happened up ahead.

My guess is that when the police arrived - and if they looked at the video - both parties involved would have been in trouble.  The video does show that the truck was clearly trying to cause harm but it also shows at the beginning that the bikes were more then likely exceeding the speed limit.  Bikers = ticket, truck guy = jail.    :police:

In the end, they are all lucky they came out alive and unhurt.   :angel:

On a lighter side, what is it with guys in red trucks?  Lucky, you remember the first time we rode The Dragon and the guy in front of us in the red pickup?  He wasnt going over 10 mph and crossed the double yellow dozens of times as well as swerved to the shoulder when we tried to go around him.  I don't think I ever got past 2nd gear for the whole 11 miles.  Pickups and bikes don't go well together unless your hauling your bike in the back of one.     :P   ::)

So, what would YOU (anyone here) do in a situation like that?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

I think if your going to have any fun on a bike, you have to bend the rules a bit (Not You Spectre) but that's what makes the difference between a good biker, and one who rides beyond his capabilities, in this case, that capability is how accuratly he can calculate risk.

That's what i was saying to Tiger a couple of weeks ago, his incident was technicly his fault, but he took a calculated risk, & that time the odds turned on him.

I think generally their pass on the left was a safe bet, but what they didn't know (and MAYBE could have anticipated by looking at the vehicle) was that the driver was already pissed off.

I give ricers & muscle cars the same respect because i feel those drivers have something under the hood they want to play with, so i expect it...

& yes, stay with the pack, theirs safety in numbers, someone will have a cell or first aid kit, etc, etc..

Re-Vision

This is whats results when motorcyclists steal a redneck's girlfriend. Haha. I used to work with a guy in Houston who got into an argument with two riders at a red light, one of them hit him with his helmet and the man was never the same because it damaged his brain. If you aren't armed you can use your helmet as a rather serious weapon to defend yourself. Smartest thing to do is to get away from these fools as there seems to be more of them than there is of us.    BDC

Lucky

Quote from: Re-Vision on May 29, 2011, 01:41:55 PM
This is whats results when motorcyclists steal a redneck's girlfriend.

makes sense in theory, but really... who would steal a rednecks girlfriend?

Re-Vision

Quote from: Lucky on May 29, 2011, 04:14:16 PM
Quote from: Re-Vision on May 29, 2011, 01:41:55 PM
This is whats results when motorcyclists steal a redneck's girlfriend.

makes sense in theory, but really... who would steal a rednecks girlfriend?
A redneck cyclist! I bet you even know a couple since living in Tennessee.

BDC

Lucky

Only on Harleys!! ;D ;D ;D

We have a saying in this family:
"There are no fat chicks on sportbikes!"

spectre

Quote from: Lucky on May 29, 2011, 06:18:54 PM

;D ;D ;D
Now what did I do with that picture of Morgan on my bike...  ;D
LOL

YellowJacket!

Quote from: spectre on May 29, 2011, 08:50:43 PM
Quote from: Lucky on May 29, 2011, 06:18:54 PM

;D ;D ;D
Now what did I do with that picture of Morgan on my bike...  ;D
LOL

Ouch... that hurts.

better yet...thats gonna hurt.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

spectre

Hmm... maybe that didn't come out right... THIS is morgan:

.... and yeah dad, I HAD to show her off. ;)

Re-Vision

I once had a Morgan silver dollar, but wow, looks like you hit the jackpot.     BDC

VFan

Quote from: Lucky on May 29, 2011, 01:28:19 PM
I think if your going to have any fun on a bike, you have to bend the rules a bit (Not You Spectre) but that's what makes the difference between a good biker, and one who rides beyond his capabilities, in this case, that capability is how accuratly he can calculate risk.

QuoteI give ricers & muscle cars the same respect because i feel those drivers have something under the hood they want to play with, so i expect it...

At this stage of my life I'm a pretty mellow driver most of the time. I do have a twin turbo Stealth so occasionally I give it some exercise and there have even been a couple of times that I've caught a ticket. But most of the time, I keep fairly close to the speed limit and my eyes quite attentive to the rear view mirror. If I see someone coming up on me, if at all possible I move over to the right lane to stay out of their way, or at least make it as easy as possible for the other vehicle to pass me. As long as the driver is not aggressive, I understand where he is coming from.

Yes, the bikers were going a little fast but from what I could see they didn't seem disrespectful to the pick-up truck and to me they seemed to stay well within their bike's handling capabilities, as well as their ability to stop (these modern crotch rockets can stop on a dime). This redneck clearly got his ego bruised and wishes to control others. He seems too stupid to comprehend the gravity of his bad behavior.

Looking at the site from the guy who posted the video, here's his latest statement:

"Well my friends I have some good news. The riders in the video are working closely with the authorities to put this douche bag behind bars!! Although no details can be released yet, it looks like the driver is going to legally get his. Thank you for all of your support. To all of you who are so concerned with the riders passing on a double yellow, let it go. The authorities have stated that the pass is of NO CONCERN TO THEM! Justice for the attempted murder of our fellow riders is on it's way."

Thanks for the post. Definitely is a good reminder to me about staying clear of other drivers and do my best not to piss them off.

VFan

kwells

every time I hear about this shit it makes me so furious.  Guys like that make me feel the need to arm up for these types of encounters.  I don't give a shit what anyone thinks about my speed or passing on a double yellow.  The driver of the truck was never in any type of harm.  The bikers on the other hand were in grave danger.  That would have been taken by me as a threat to my life and would have been handled as such.  Screw the cops...call the ambulance- a hillbilly would get a free ride to the ER.
Do you swerve into the left lane when someone passes you going 80mph?  After all he is speeding and it's everyone's job to enforce the speed limit.  Give me a break. pummel that asshole.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

spectre

Quote from: Re-Vision on May 30, 2011, 11:56:18 AM
I once had a Morgan silver dollar, but wow, looks like you hit the jackpot.     BDC
LOL
well, if you put it that way, then I'm rich ;)
Now I'll stop thread jacking my own thread.  ;) LOL

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: spectre on May 30, 2011, 10:23:19 AM
Hmm... maybe that didn't come out right... THIS is morgan:

No wonder you didn't have time to send the risers
What a hottie

spectre

Haha, thank you  ;D
But she's only 16, so don't get any ideas LOL ;)
cough*jailbait*cough