News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Ride song...

Started by munkyfistfight, June 22, 2011, 09:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

Just curious....
Some of you may or may not listen to music whilst riding. Either/or, does anyone have a song they listen to (or think about when they ride). I'll start:

Mine is Red Barchetta, by Rush. I think it's the ultimate road song. That's just me. I could be wrong. I'd love to hear other opinions.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

spectre

I've wanted to do it when I start riding, but it would be a while because I would't be comfortable until I got a few months under my belt, but a few times that I rode with lucky I did. I mostly Listen to 3 Day's Grace, either "Life Starts Now", "Riot", "Gone Forever", or "Animal I Have Become" :D
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

I don't listen to music when i ride for a few reasons. 

i feel it is a safety risk. for me anyway... if there is any time in my life i want my full attention on what i'm doing, it's when riding.  music may or may not be a distraction for me, but i'm comfortable not finding out.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

fret not

I think the ride is the music.  Too much going on to get bored, even on a long straight road.  I'm with Lucky in that I don't want my attention diluted.  It's already difficult enough to stay focused all the time on what is coming down the road or up from behind. YMMV
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

munkyfistfight

It was more of a rhetorical question. As a new rider myself I agree that there's just too much going on. I personally wouldn't take the risk. I usually have a song stuck in my head though.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

The Prophet of Doom

Iain like to play village people songs while he is riding because it reminds him what wearing leather is all about.

Lucky

Quote from: munkyfistfight on June 23, 2011, 07:55:07 PM
I usually have a song stuck in my head though.

that happens to me so much that now i just refer to them as my 'guest artist'...

munkyfistfight

'Guest artist' lol. I've had Wind of Change by the Scorpions literally stuck in my head for 7 days now. It feels like the tape is stuck in the tape player and I can't turn the radio off.

Lucky

your gonna need a friend with a 2x4 for that one, but the good news is it'll only take one hit!  :D

akvision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgGKBUCjAUc&feature=related

I don't ride and listen... but
when I listen.. this is one of my favorites...

akv
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Hartless

Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"