Extreme Makeover Home Edidtion here in Knoxville

Started by YellowJacket!, January 15, 2012, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well here is an exciting story for y'all!  Several years ago my wife and I nominated a friend of ours for Extreme Makeover Home Edition and about 8 months ago we found out they were picked as finalists.  We went through all the preliminary filming (but due to a very strict NDA couldn't say anything about it).  About a month ago we found out that they were finalists and last Tuesday a bullhorn toting Ty Pennington went knocking on their door!
My wife and mom had signed up as volunteers and have been working at the site for several of the days including the two days of torrential rain and then snow.  I got to go out and volunteer today and spent several hours toting around building materials and picking up trash.  I got to meet Pauli and Jenny McCarthy today too but Ty wasn't there yet.  I still had a lot of fun but due to a shortage of the official blue Makeover T-shirts, couldn't be in anything that was being filmed but my wife was pulled aside to be filmed working on a "special project" with Jenny McCarthy.
The sad thing is that now that the series is over, this build is one of only two remaining "special builds" and it is supposedly taking more than a week to complete.  Its going to be shown on ABC as a Thanksgiving special later this year.
Anyway, if you want to read all the news stories about it, here is the link to the local news station that has been reporting it.  Lots of cool videos and a "live cam" so maybe you will see us.

http://www.wate.com/category/227676/extreme-volunteers-knoxville-build

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: YellowJacket! on January 15, 2012, 06:03:06 PM
Jenny McCarthy
Playboy Centrefold October 1993 for those who aren't up with such things

Brian Moffet

Did you tell her that vaccines save lives?  (She is a strong proponent of no vaccines because they cause autism)

Brian

Re-Vision

My grandson was a normal child when he got a vaccination and it caused him not to be able to talk until he was three, he's making a good recovery now but I have zero use for drug companies that only care about profits. Mercury in vaccines destroy lives.     BDC

fret not

Profits above all, capitalism gone wild. :o  Where did "common sense" and decency go? ???
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

iain

Did you Know
Jenny Mc Carthy measurements are

Bust 38 
Waist 24
Hips 34
Height 5' 7'
Weight 120 pounds

Is this what you wanted to know [Roro] sorry mate you will have to find your own nude photos of her ?????

Iain
NZ

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Re-Vision on January 16, 2012, 08:55:06 PM
My grandson was a normal child when he got a vaccination and it caused him not to be able to talk until he was three.

That's terrible, and I am glad he is recovering.  However, I remain unconvinced it was due to the vaccine.

Re-Vision

I am convinced that our government agencies that are supposed to protect us from unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies are in fact controlled by them. The half dozen or so of diabetes medicines my doctor has prescribed in the last five years haven't worked very well and I regularly receive letters from law firms asking me join their lawsuit against the drug companies because there medicines are killing people rather than controlling their diseases. If I had the money the drug companies spend on their public image I could likely find some cures rather than the money making crap they are dumping on us. If the drugs aren't bad, why doesn't the FDA discover and do something about whatever is causing autism. Our government is controlled by Bankers, Pharmaceutical companies, and the Defense Industry. Looks like Jenny is beautiful as well as intelligent. David, remind us again when the program is about to be aired.      BDC

YellowJacket!

OK, lets get back on topic here please.... but before I do so, I have to add my 2 cents about vaccinations.  Childhood vaccinations are given around the world and to very large populations of 3rd world countries, yet they do not have the incidence and prevalence of autism as we do.  I fail to see a definite link between the two.  What I do see however, it the positive effects of vaccines in preventing even more debilitating disease and disability.  There are also children, and lots of them, that have autism that did not get vaccinations.  There are also lots of children who have not been vaccinated that have fallen victim to very severe illnesses that could have been prevented had they been vaccinated, but are now more severely affected.
David

fret not

David, KUDOS to you and your clan for recommending your neighbors for this help.  It shows what sort of person you are, that and the profession you are entering. 

I think most folks are good people and try to avoid causing any harm to others, then there are some "business" people that talk a good line when they think it matters but money is their bottom line and you better not be in their way to get it.  The problem stems from the idea that the only reason for a business is to make a profit.  It is true that a business has to make a profit to stay solvent, but a business is there to make or do some thing to sell to the community like being a blacksmith or a carpenter or a doctor or a shopkeeper or a banker.  These things are needed in a community and are well regarded honest professions as long as they are done with the best of intentions toward the community.  Unfortunately for the community there will be opportunities for some individual to take unfair advantage of a situation and spoil the peace and harmony.  Wasn't it PT Barnum that said "Never give a sucker an even break"?  And that there's another sucker born every minute.  We as a community put up with such treatment because it's the circus and it's exciting and a bit strange, and it will be gone in a few days.  For sure such opportunities occur from time to time in a series of normal events but now there are people and businesses that push to make such opportunities and have made a science of it.  The mega banks and big pharma and classified Daddy Warbucks among many others have been squeezing our country little by little and it has added up to be much more of a burden than expected, AND THEY AIN'T GOING AWAY IN A FEW DAYS!  Greed is good if money is all that matters, but we live in the real world where there are a multitude of worthwhile and valuable things that are not money.  Not that I think money is bad, it is a tool and a tool can be used for more than one purpose.  Like how bank robbers use tools to break into banks, only money is being used to worm it's way into our laws and now is effecting the standard of living for a lot of people as a result.  Let's pray that common sense becomes common again.  My apology if I offended anyone, it just boils out.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Re-Vision

When a normal child gets a vaccination and develops a high fever and then becomes autistic, it's very hard to believe the studies of the money-grubbing drug firms that say they didn't cause it. Not all doctors are greedy but there are enough pushing the crap that drug companies sell to make it hard to trust the few good ones. I'm through.     BDC

The Prophet of Doom

Pardon me for being shallow but I'd rather talk about Jenny's 38inch bodacious tatas than autism.

Re-Vision

What you got to say? I'm all ears.      BDC

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Re-Vision on January 18, 2012, 02:22:11 AM
When a normal child gets a vaccination and develops a high fever and then becomes autistic, it's very hard to believe the studies of the money-grubbing drug firms that say they didn't cause it. Not all doctors are greedy but there are enough pushing the crap that drug companies sell to make it hard to trust the few good ones. I'm through.     BDC

The actual fact is, there is no money grubbing about it.  There is not much profit at all in immunizations, both for the doctors and the drug companies and more and more companies are getting out of the business of making immunizations.

FWIW, there have also been studies that "proved" that vaccinations cause autism however, it has been proven through peer review (not funded by govt or drug companies) that the data was fudged or outright lied about.  In fact, on "well respected" physician published a report in The Lancet and was totally debunked and it was discovered and proven that he was paying friends of his to submit false lab results.  There are two sides to the coin and disinformation is a very dangerous thing.

Bobby, I've allways agreed with you but this time I have to disagree.  Sorry.

David

Re-Vision

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about governments, pharmaceutical companies, American Medical Association, and other concerns fudging or having bias in their statements of denial as to who is responsible. I reckon I ought to trust these saintly organizations rather than my own lying eyes. It's one thing to listen to the news and another to watch your own flesh and blood behave like an idiot child.  I can't believe you've agreed with me up until now, even I have changed my mind on what I once believed. LOL  Finis.    BDC

Walt_M.

Perhaps the low incidence of autism in children from 3rd world countries who are given these same vaccines is that there are fewer lawyers. Does exposure to lawyers cause autism?
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

My Grandson has asbergers syndrome , a form of autism . He is 22 now and is slowly reaching the development level ,should have achieved 6 years ago. My daughter is a nurse and did  a lot of research on the cause . Its not from vaccines. I believe it  is either genes which have been damaged by environmental  pollution of pollution itself . We have far more pollution in our air , soil and food than 3 rd world countries , to say nothing of  the excess sugar and chemicals in our food.
David , my apologies  for stealing you topic !
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike