News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Mechanic near Montreal, Quebec.

Started by DangerFloyd, June 07, 2012, 02:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DangerFloyd

Looking to have my Stator changed and get a tune up on my 82 Vision. (I have the part).
Does anyone know of a knowledgeable mechanic in or around Montreal, Quebec (Canada)?
Thx.

stuckinlodi

With these bikes might be better to tackle this yourself,  ANY and ALL questions will be answered on here these guys are great!

Tiger

:) Ride or trailer to me and I'll gladly help you out...but I'm in Erin, Ontario ;)

If you click on 'members'...Home Help Search Profile My Messages Calendar Member Map, etc, ...you could find and pm 'Kenny' (He is just north of Trenton) and/or 'Louthepou' (He is the Quebec side of Ottawa), they are Visionarie's as well as good wrenches and may be able to help you out.

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

carotman

I'm near Montreal, I'll try to find someone for you.

What kind of Tune-Up do you want to do? Change fluids? Adjust stuff? Change spark plugs?

If you're replacing the stator, you'll need a side cover gasket and fresh oil.

The Prophet of Doom

Even simple things can be intimidating for an experienced but non-Visionary motorcycle shop, let alone a new Visionary with little wrenching experience.

I thought a while back that some of the more experience wrenches could offer remote tuition via skype for a fee.
The NewV would take their laptop/webcam into the garage and do the labour while instructed over the web

Even at mechanics rates it would be cheaper and better for the new visionary to do it this way, and using the skype conference call other people could join in and watch