News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Red Waring Light?

Started by Craig B, July 27, 2013, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig B

Hi can anyone please tell me what the red warning light on the instrument panel is for? The small one by itself underneath the temperature gauge with the small white Japanese writing above. :o cheers

The Prophet of Doom

That's a speed warning.  A bit like the bells on Japanese import cars
I'm not sure what speed it comes on - about 85km/h from memory

The Prophet of Doom

Where abouts are you? These would be pretty rare in the USA

Craig B

Im located in Hobsonville Auckland. This Question was for my 3rd xz400 that I just purchased, pretty mint been some ones baby in the past with only 37,000k's on the clock. Guy I brought her of said she wouldn't start due to low compression in rear cylinder. Turned out to be a dodgy ignition cable and a dud plug with exhaust leek in usual spot around rear cylinder. ;D Pitty he killed the rego. Starts like a new bike now.

The Prophet of Doom

Cool, another Kiwi.  PinholeNZ is in Auckland too

nzvision

you lucky bugger.   how much did you get it for?   i was looking at that bike on trademe haha.  nice purchase.   if you dont want the pack rack id be keen :-)  or if anyone else has one.
please start, please start.  Yippeee I won the lottery. my vision started.

Craig B

Got her for $600 ;D ;D ;D Brand new tyres still have the tags ;D Now starts with the lightest touch ;D just got to do exhaust as bit slow still on pickup but apart from that feels like a good ride, thought has a wicked shake on throttle off no hands will have to invest in a bearing set.

nzvision

nice.   good luck with her.

Craig B

Thanks Dude need a win now and then.

pinholenz

Nice one! How about that, I moved from Greenhithe a couple of years ago and now I am up near the Piha turnoff on Scenic Drive. Looking forward to catching up with you. Cheers, John. AKA,  Pinholenz
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Craig B

Yep grew up there, but other side Swanson end. Once i'm road worthy the bike needs the dust blown off I,ll come for a visit.

The Prophet of Doom

CraigB I think some big pictures of your bike would be in order.

NZVision I think I have a spare pack rack.  I'll have a rummage though my spares boxes

Craig B

Yep just awaiting authorization? 8)

nzvision

that would be awesome roro.   cheers.