TANK DECALS

Started by xz550uk, October 05, 2013, 06:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xz550uk

Hi . Does anyone know where i can get hold of a pair of white fuel tank decals ? I need to respray mine and want to keep it original if i can.  Thanks all.

The Prophet of Doom

I've searched for these, both OEM and replicas but couldn't find them anywhere.  The white stripe was never on US models, which would explain their scarcity.  If you want US 83 decals, these are sold on ebay quite regularly.

Because of the compound curves, the shape is not as straight forward as you would think and they are two tone (black and white), so it needs more than just a run-of-the-mill vinyl printer to reproduce.

They were once available ex Yamaha, so there is bound to be some in a shop inventory somewhere.  Have you tried Yamaha UK?

eddt750

Assuming you're in the uk.

Have a chat with John Kenworthy at sunrise graphics. He's an active member of the vintage japanese motorcycle club in the north west and can do pretty much anything you need.

http://www.sunrisegraphics.co.uk

He'll need some accurate measurements and pictures or do a tracing of the original. Have a chat with him and he'll talk you through the process.

He has a stand at the Stafford classic show which is coming up at the end of the month. Well worth a visit for a rummage if you've not been.

Edd
82 XZ550
82 XZ550
85 XZ550 RK
99 SV650