News:

Main Menu

Rider training in NZ

Started by The Prophet of Doom, December 02, 2013, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

NZ Riders only - Because we pay such stupidly high fees, some of this is funnelled back into stupidly cheap rider training
All are a full 8 hour day's training

Beginner  $20
Intermediate  $50 
Advanced  $50 

You've already paid for it, so might as well take advantage
Check out http://rideforever.co.nz/training/

tig5

dingleberry

Have thought about this for a while now just haven't got off my arse to book in. Perhaps subconsciously I was afraid they would criticize me too much. Better get some practise in...
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

They are specially trained not to criticise - even when they think you have zero riding skills

How cool would it be to have three or four visions training at the same time - and low alcohol beers after?

Rikugun

Good deal, can't have enough training. Here in the states, Pennsylvania offers a free series of motorcycle safety courses to residents.  They supply the bikes and helmets and there are courses from beginner to advanced and one for 3 wheeled vehicles. Out of state participants can also take them but will pay $100 - $250 depending on the course.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

Well I have finally booked in for the advanced course that is scheduled for a Saturday in August. Should be interesting. Anyone else taken the plunge? POD, you started this thread - how about you book you in as well. I'll get a spare bike road legal for you if you like.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Thanks, but I've damaged enough vehicles not to want to borrow one.

dingleberry

Advanced training day done and am no better off for it. Nice ride to Akaroa albeit way too slow. Will probably sign up for some track training at Ruapuna Raceway before I start doing trackdays and racing. That's not subsidised by the government unfortunately as it's $120/hr. :(
You like, oui?

fret not

If you plan your time at the track you can get a lot of track time in.  Certainly enough to make you tired in an hour.  Probably wear off a good part of a set of tires too.  You will want to prepare your bike to the standards required by the track before you go there.  Your "track training" will educate you to this, I'm sure. 

Going fast is one thing, going racing fast is another.  Not for everyone, but you won't know until you try it for yourself.  It certainly is exciting! ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

I was tempted to go over to Oz for a few days and do the superbike school.  www.superbikeschool.com.au
Thought it would be a nice relaxing weekend away, and they hire bikes at a reasonable price as well.  It's had some very good writeups

They have a higher quality of grid girls over there than anywhere in the world.  That has to be a big plus

fret not

Ummmm . . . . I would think that a racing school is not quite the same atmosphere as the MotoGP paddock scene you show.  Yeah, money talks.  ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

In Oz and New Zealand there are women like that on every street corner.  They just don't have corporate sponsors

dingleberry

That photo just highlights what's wrong with most aussie women - they can't keep their mouths shut.

Superbike school? That would certainly be an eye opener for the uninitiated I think. Would love to have a go on a 200hp+ machine. Would make my 135hp Triumph seem like a Toyota corolla.
You like, oui?