News:

Main Menu

ready to ride

Started by drtaco, July 26, 2014, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drtaco

I am legal :-*  got new tires, capped off the yics stuff and runs a lot better, wish I had original exhaust, running a little loud with what I got rigged, I got a exhaust leak at rear cylinder also. might wish I would have had 82 handle bar mounts. rained after I got her home today I was gonna blow her out or blow her up ;) either I lost it or some body stole that 6th gear ::) does 55mph approximately give  5500rpm with you guys? it looks like I could look at mph and just add couple zeros to the end to get what rpm is. the yellow/black wire will have to go 8)

QBS

Your speedo/tach readings sound about right.

The Prophet of Doom

It depends on your rear tyre size, and whether you have the USA or standard gearing.
With a 120 Tyre and non-US gearing you will be doing 107kmh (66mph) at 5,500rpm

drtaco

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on July 27, 2014, 01:55:40 AM
It depends on your rear tyre size, and whether you have the USA or standard gearing.
With a 120 Tyre and non-US gearing you will be doing 107kmh (66mph) at 5,500rpm

ooohhhh, I would like that!! ;D would those parts be interchangeable, US to standard?

fret not

Yes, you can change the primary gearing by exchanging the clutch basket and the primary pinion gear on the crank shaft with the non USA version.  Is the Canadian the same as USA or is it the Otherworld version?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rikugun

My understanding was the "North American" models shared  the same gearing but I could be wrong.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan