Biketoberfest

Started by tailwheel, October 19, 2006, 08:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailwheel

Hi guys,
sorry I haven't posted much lately. Patti and I should be in Daytona on Saturday. I haven't heard of any other Visionarys going but if so let us know.
Dave
Piper J-3 cub
John Deere 4110
2005 BMW 1200 LT

dminor

Tail wheel,
Gid you take the Vision or the LT?
Don ;)

Mutt

I was just there on Sunday. Well sort of. We stopped at the large Harley Dealer just off of I-95 near Daytona. It was swarming with helmetless organ donors! No shortage of local donors there huh? I don't know but does a bandana help with protection?  :) If so, they were more protected than I thought. I cringed everytime a Harley rider and his girl came riding past at 80+mph in heavy traffic with no helmet, no gloves and only wearing a t-shirt. I kept thinking about the recent post by PS2 of the girl having a series of skin graph operations.  :P

What ever you ride, have fun at biketoberfest!

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Serendipity

Hey guys! I'll cut and paste my ride story later...but just wanted to let you know we had a safe and super-fun weekend at Biketoberfest.

We took the BMWs, c'mon do you really think we wouldn't??? :D Not a Vision to be had unfortunately, almost made me feel a little guilty for leaving the Hibiscus-beqeathed (sp?) War Mare at home, she certainly would have stood out. But then again so does my BMW...;)

Oh, and I have secret...shhhhh....don't tell my mom.....I rode down Main Street without my jacket, gloves, or helmet!!! ACK!!!!!! (those of you who know me, know what an anomaly that is) And you know what......(not that I'm making a habit of it)....it was FUN!!!!!!!!

Patti (No, Lucky I didn't flash anyone.....not that anyone had any photographic proof of anyways heehee)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Mutt on October 19, 2006, 11:45:45 PM
... No shortage of local donors there huh? I don't know but does a bandana help with protection?  :) If so, they were more protected than I thought. ...
Mutt  :)

It helps keep the brains in when the skull splits open.  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

Oh yeah,

Patty and Dave, I'm glad you guys had a good time.  I cant wait to read about it.  Vicki says Hi too. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Quote from: Serendipity on October 23, 2006, 12:06:14 AM

Oh, and I have secret...shhhhh....don't tell my mom.....I rode down Main Street without my jacket, gloves, or helmet!!!  Lucky, I flashed everyone.....  And you know what...... I'm making a habit of it....it was FUN!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o

Just kidding..it wasn't like you were on a Harley ... ;D 8)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ProfessorRex

Quote from: Serendipity on October 23, 2006, 12:06:14 AMOh, and I have secret...shhhhh....don't tell my mom.....I rode down Main Street without my jacket, gloves, or helmet!!! ACK!!!!!! (those of you who know me, know what an anomaly that is) And you know what......(not that I'm making a habit of it)....it was FUN!!!!!!!!

Yea it's TONS of fun.  I'm sure we've all enjoyed it. BUT it's SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS!

Ride Safe, ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME!  I was riding 15-20mph on MY COLLEGE CAMPUS when I was hit.  I may have lived without my gear, MAYBE, but my face wouldn't have much skin left, my arms and sholder, and chest would be nothing but raw skin.

Honestly, I hate the helmet law here in New Orleans, so many days here are SO HOT, and I'd love to ride without a helmet, AND the law saved my life.  I definately wouldn't have worn it putt-ing around campus, and I'd definately be hurt far worse than I am.

Sorry for killing everyones fun

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Serendipity

It's OK, Rex I understand. (and I am so glad you are ultimately ok after your accident)

As I mentioned, I truly am an ATGATT girl.....ok except for when I'm cruising Main Street during Biketoberfest. And I know, I know it's no excuse.....but it was still fun. ;)

But I am back in the real world, and back to wearing all of my gear even if it is 90+ degrees out.

Actually, truth be told a cold front blew through and it is gorgeous out. I actually had to put on a (gasp!) sweatshirt to feed the horses.

Dave: Hi to Vicky!!! Can't wait to get up and see you guys again. Did you guys set a date for a spring get together yet?

Lucky: Oh, I see how you are now. ;) I'm forgiven since I bought a Beemer, but if I got a HD you wouldn't talk to me anymore, huh. LOL  :-*

Btw, not to be overly mushy, but I've been spending some time on some other forums recently and well....let me just say you guys rock. Truly. I already knew you guys were pretty special, but after what I have seen on some of the other male-dominated motorcycling boards it just solidified my opinion.

ProfessorRex

aaaahhh.... I kinda went a bit overboard with that post. (I had just done some physical therapy stuff, and was a bit fired up)

Truth be told, even post-accident:
On a beautiful fall day, biketoberfest, I'd be right there with yall, riding with nothing but my shades! (pants and t-shirt are implied)  It's FUN.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Mutt

Patti, everyone knows that the pavement is softer for a Beemer!  ::)

Glad you had safe fun! I don't think I saw any BMW riders on the interstate with no helmet. In fact the only ones I saw were Harleys and Goldwing riders with no helmets.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Serendipity

No worries Rex! I understand where you are coming from. :)

Lucky: You are so right about the Bemmer owners. That's part of why I felt like I had found my home (2nd home, you guys are my first :D ) when we were at the dealer that first time......everyone who rode into the parking lot were in FULL gear, on a 90 degree day. For once, I didn't feel like a freak! That's another reason why I liked Deal's Gap so much...all those sportbike guys in full gear. (Leathers are yummy)

Down here in my neck of the woods, NO ONE wears full gear but me...and Dave.

dminor

Patti,
   I'm glad you had a good time. I ride a Vision and a K1200LT  I wear all my gear all the time, even when I'm in a state where I don't have to. Maybe that's why I don't really get along to well with the "Beemer" group.
   But I still have my Vision and this group is 'THE BEST"
Don

PS Where are the pic's?;)

Night Vision

Serendipity, its ok to be naughty once in while (NotGOiA: none of the gear once in awhile)

cruising Daytona's main street during Biketoberfest is probably the safest place to let that wild hair do it's thing. it's a highly control environment where the heightened awareness of motorcycles is at it's peak.... very low risk

heck, there were probably midget Shriner's on minibikes slowing that parade down    :D :D

Living life without taking risks.....is not living life...

otherwise, we'd all be affraid of what might happen, and there would be no Visionaries.

Personally, I enjoy a good scare once in awhile... makes me feel ALIVE....

......hardships make the heart grow stronger... YaDa, YaDa, YaDa.....
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Serendipity

That's weird Dminor, the point i was trying to make is that the Beemers guys in my area are the only ones who were all the gear.

Serendipity

Thanks Nightvision. :) I don't think I saw any midget shriners, but there was plenty to gawk at. Some of the girl's outfits were incredible. Some of course were just trashy, but many were bad-*ss. Maybe it's just me but I seemed to notice a bit of difference between the sexy outfits of the gals riding their own versus the ones riding with a guy. The pillion riders tended to look more, just got off my shift at the Bada Bing, while the women riders (who chose to dressed sexy) were working more of a Lara Croft-I'm hot-but-I could-kick-your-butt look. Definitely the style I emulate more. 'Course most of the women who rode their own were dressed like me, jeans and a spaghetti-strap kinda shirt with the Dragon(mine)/Bike Manufacturer/other Bike Rallies on them.....seems to be the uniform. :)

I should have time tonight to re-size the pics Dave took and post them. And yes, he got some "good" ones.  ;D

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Night Vision on October 24, 2006, 08:38:16 PM
Personally, I enjoy a good scare once in awhile... makes me feel ALIVE....

Please, don't assume that everyone feels this way.  I don't know how many times people have said things like "You need to try bungee-jumping, it makes you feel alive after you don't hit the ground!".

I calmly explain to them that I don't need near death experiences to make me feel alive.  ::)  I don't mind if they want that, but not me.

Brian