News:

Main Menu

XZ400 Discovery Tour

Started by XZv2, February 11, 2007, 03:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

I don't have time to go through it, line by line at the moment; perhaps after exams.  There are not many drawings, and these are mostly for explaining the measurements.  There is a full wiring diagram though.
The worst thing about the 400 is the lack of self cancelling indicators.

XZv2

roro, take your time, no hurry. Exams are more important. Yes, self-cancelling indicators are attractive. I did not know the 400 does not have this. Success with your exams!
XZv2

XZv2

I ended my discovery tour of the "little sister of the XZ550".
The 400 engine was dismantled side-by-side with a 550. I collected all information I wanted. This information is available to everybody interested at xz550.nl topic xz400. I added also the carburetion data of the 400 supplied by roro. I removed the data on the rear shock absorber that probably is an aftermarket product.
I use at present 400 primary gears in my sidecarXZ, and I will use the light flywheel, the light balancer shaft, and the "close ratio" 5th gear wheels of the 400 engine in future projects.
I want to thank all of you for your interest, wonderful help and of course supply of information.
Finally, an extra thank you for Simcha who provided the 400 engine and who lifted, with a friend, the engine in the trunk of my car.
XZv2