News:

Main Menu

Fuse blocks

Started by inanecathode, December 29, 2007, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I had a HELL of a time finding these when i needed them, i figure i'll spare everyone who wants them the time i had to spend finding them.
They're either 4, 6, 8, or 10 blade GANG fuse blocks (not to be confused with the type checkers sells, which are just accessory boxes)
They fit perfectly where the old box was
Water proof cover
And they're cheap
Look great, work great (ive got one in greeny)

http://www.action-electronics.com/fuses.htm

About halfway down.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

sweet
2 on the way....
let's see that's one of 103 things I need to get
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

jasonm.

Nice find...similar to the "little fuse" block  most have changed to. Thanks...
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

inanecathode

i figure its cleaner, safer than a spaghetti bowl of inline fuses

Aelwulf

I ordered mine from 'em rather than risk the marine one I was looking at being too large.  They shipped it pretty quick, then I got a second fuse box from them separate that I didn't order that was of a different type.  I Called 'em abou tit as I dind't want to get double-charged and asked how to send it back.  They gave me the info and I returned it.  I then noticed that after they got it back they refunded me whatI paid for the oneI had actually ordered.  I called them back to let them know I wasn't supposed to be refunded and they said don't worry about it, never recharged me.  That surprised me, but was definitely some of the easiest customer service I've worked with as of late (not to mention ending up with a free fuse box).

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tiger

Quote from: inanecathode on December 29, 2007, 06:40:07 PM
i figure its cleaner, safer than a spaghetti bowl of inline fuses
:) Done right with soldered/heat shrink butt conn's, Its clean, there is not a safety issue and by useing velcro tab's there is not a spaghetti bowl under my seat...

8)........TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

When I scrapped the fuse box on my present Vision, I priced several alternatives  my first choice would have been  the twin blade  "marine" type of fuse box , but this was above budjet at 45.00  I did not want to continue with glass tubular fuses ,so installed  the indvidual two blade holders as i already had a supply of these . All are neatly contained in the small tray behind the gas tank.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

Its always seemed to me inlines are kinda, goofy. I guess, call me crazy but it looks like a bit of duct tape buisness, to me at least.

Tanno

That looks alot like what I installed a while back.

Here's that photo:

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

inanecathode

Paul@Sheffield

AEB

Nice find Paul@Sheffield was looking for UK supplier

williamruck

definitely going to order one  ;D

Tanno

I picked up the 8 circuit version for expanability.

Currently I'm using 6 of them.

Main
Ignition
Headlight
Taillights
GPS
Driving Lights

Stereo was another future addition.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Cdnlouie

Nice site for all kinds of electronic goodies  ;).  I think I'm in love with heat shrink tubing.  Some good prices there. That's a decent little fuse box, can't go wrong with that one. 

CDNL

inanecathode

Its weird they're so hard to find, i think i spent at least an hour and a half of constant googling to find them.

Night Vision

yeah, I did the same awhile back and gived up... seemed like most of the hits were in the UK for some reason.

I think I got the last four LitleFuse boxes at PeepBoys around here... I paid like $15 ea for the first two, shoplifted the second two  8) , and gave one of those to Kenny... JK, but the price rang up wrong at the register so I went back a got the last one too.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

got my 2- 6 blade fuse boxes today...they look pretty nifty

Here they be:

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

I'll tell ya'll though.... I didn't like how easy the metal tabs could possible be pushed out... so, I epoxied them into place on the bottom. They'll NEVER come out on mine. :D

Night Vision

hmmm, that does looks different than the bottom of the LitleFuse box... but mine are installed and I'm not going to look again  :P

it's still better than a 25 year old oem one... and the price is right...
I broke at least three of the glass fuse holders, on the last one, squeezing them out
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano